Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Damaged JR voucher 2019/9/11 14:25
After receiving my JR voucher I ordered to my home country, I opened the package the the barcode part of the passes got torn a little bit. This can probably be fixed with some adhesive tape but I'm wondering if this can be an issue when replacing it with the pass itself in Japan. I read about some strict rules when it comes to lost vouchers but how strict are they if the voucher gets a little torn?
by Tom Weizer (guest)  

Re: Damaged JR voucher 2019/9/11 19:40
I would email the company that sold you the voucher and explain the situation and ask if any person has had issues with damaged vouchers. If they can replace it in time at no cost, that would be optimal.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Damaged JR voucher 2019/9/11 20:00
I contacted the company and they said it shouldn't be a problem but they can't guarantee it 100%. They suggested I would make a new separate reservation and they will refund me this one but I want to avoid any unnecessary refunds so I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience with a damaged voucher. Thanks.
by Tom Weizer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Damaged JR voucher 2019/9/11 21:49
It seems that barcode is not so important to change voucher to JR Pass according to the story written on website below:
https://thetravellingsquid.com/2018/06/03/forget-to-bring-the-exchange...
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread