Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 days or 14 days JR Rail pass 2019/9/13 15:09
Hi everyone ,
please review our itinerary for japan in dec. landing on narita on 24th & going straight to Osaka on 24th dec

Stay in Osaka for 4 nights.
on 29th head back to Tokyo.
on 2nd Jan evening move to hotel near Disney
3rd to 5th Disney time
6th leave Tokyo.

so the question is do we need a 7 day or 14 days JR rail pass.

2. can anyone please help what major things to see in Osaka & Kyoto as we have 5 days.

Any recommendations for 4 days in Tokyo please.

thanks & regards Ash
by Asrp  

Re: 7 days or 14 days JR Rail pass 2019/9/13 18:04
No. Just no.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days or 14 days JR Rail pass 2019/9/13 18:37
This website has lots of suggestions for the places you are visiting if you read the Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo pages.

You should not buy a rail pass.

You need to do more research, as you are asking very simple questions. You have booked a trip to Japan - you must have some idea of what you want to see!
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days or 14 days JR Rail pass 2019/9/13 20:26
landing on narita on 24th & going straight to Osaka on 24th dec

Stay in Osaka for 4 nights.
on 29th head back to Tokyo.
on 2nd Jan evening move to hotel near Disney
3rd to 5th Disney time
6th leave Tokyo.

I am not sure why the two PPs said no, but depending on the actual itinerary, 7 days pass might pays off.

Narita to Osaka.

There are many places to stay in Osaka. I am now staying in Tennoji (Hotel Miyako City Osaka Tennoji) which is underrated (I think) place to stay. There is Osaka's highest building (as a "building" highest in Japan), many reasonablly priced restaurants. You can take Limited Express reserved seat to Kyoto. though it takes 45 min one way. So if you stay in Tennoji, the train fare from Narita is:

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=NARITA%20AIRPOR...

about 17500 yen.

From Tennoji to Tokyo:

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=TENNOJI&arv_nod...

about 15000 yen.

Tennoji to Kyoto (December's timetable does not show morning Limited Express to Kyoto, but it will appear later).

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=TENNOJI&arv_nod...

2400 yen one way.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days or 14 days JR Rail pass 2019/9/13 21:15
For the cost of a 7-day pass, you can fly round trip to Osaka by LCC (Peach, etc.) and have plenty of money left over or by JAL and ANA (with their Discover Japan fares) and still have money left over.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days or 14 days JR Rail pass 2019/9/14 08:15
I wouldn't get a 7-day rail pass for that schedule even if I was allowed to buy one. Too expensive. Other better alternatives for the OP including discount round trip tickets and flying via LCC or one of the discount flight segments offered to overseas visitors.

As for what to do - consider why you are going to those places in the first place. If you don't know why you are going, then why are you going?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread