Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trips to Nikko 2019/9/13 18:13
I will be staying in Tokyo and plan to visit Nikko with JR Pass. I'm planning to take 2 trips to Nikko...1 for temples/shrines and 1 for waterfalls/lakes. What are the admission tickets I have to purchase for the various attractions if any?
by SC (guest)  

Re: Day trips to Nikko 2019/9/15 08:04
You can find admission fees in the following Nikko sightseeing guide:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3800.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Day trips to Nikko 2019/9/15 08:10
It's a pretty long train ride (2+hrs each way). Any possibility to stay overnight? I think you will have a much better experience without an extra 4.5 hours of train trips in the middle.
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trips to Nikko 2019/9/15 10:43
Suggestions noted. Thank you
by SC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trips to Nikko 2019/9/17 08:12
2-hours each way is not longer than many other day-tips regularly suggested on this and other forums. But doing two trips to the same location does add-up and it gets tedious pretty quickly doing the Nikko trek often.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Day trips to Nikko 2019/9/17 08:40
Ifve done Kegon Waterfalls then some of the main temple/shrines in one day trip from Tokyo, though we started early.
But if you want to go see other waterfalls above the lake, then youfd want two days (preferably with one night stay either around the lake or in Nikko city itself).
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread