Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Potential Jobs in Japan 2019/9/15 00:20
Hello,

I will be moving to study Japanese in Osaka soon. I'm wondering what potential jobs or careers to strive for in the long run once I reach at N1, N2 level...Currently at an N4-N3 level.

I have a degree in Criminology and 5 years experience in Law enforcement/Military (Canadian, so can't do the US military posting thing) but I doubt I can apply to jobs in Japan that are related to that.

Any interesting jobs that are available for foreigners? I don't want to be stuck teaching English for a long time.
by NAHSLOH (guest)  

Re: Potential Jobs in Japan 2019/9/15 15:47
This is not a Japan but more of an expat comment. What skills do you have that the locals don't have or can't do? The answer is often the answer to how easy it is to complete specific jobs in Japan. I used to work in Japan - but it's also not easy to find a Japanese Science/Math teacher who reads, speaks and writes English at a home language level which is why I could get a job over the locals...
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Potential Jobs in Japan 2019/9/15 16:12
I guess it depends on what you are good at.

A possible way is also searching for employment with the Canadian embassy/consulate. Or actually even other countries embassies/consulates. They do hire local people which should mean that they could hire otger foreign nationals as well.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread