Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Streets in Gion 2019/9/15 18:22
Hi! We will be arriving in Kyoto in a few days. Saw some really nice streets of Gion in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNoXsgRdsg0&feature=youtu.be

Wondering if someone can share their street names so we wouldn't miss them? We will be staying in the area so plan to wander about every night. Also, if anyone has recommendations on breakfast places in the Gion-Shijo area we will also be most grateful. We love ramen & conveyor belt sushi :-)

Also, saw the forecast for next week has evenings' temperatures at 18 to 21 deg. Can I assume that is for middle of the night temperatures? We only pack light, summer clothing & we do plan to explore Kyoto till 10pm.

Thank you!
by lseehk  

Re: Streets in Gion 2019/9/16 11:50
Hi, that is all in the area between Gion Corner to the south and about Shinbashi dori to the north. The area around Shinbashi dori gets seedy at night, the later it is the worse it gets, though I dont think it is dangerous at all, in my experience at least. Just a lot of host and hostess clubs and some street walkers.

by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Streets in Gion 2019/9/16 18:04
Q:Wondering if someone can share their street names so we wouldn't miss them? We will be staying in the area so plan to wander about every night. Also, if anyone has recommendations on breakfast places in the Gion-Shijo area we will also be most grateful. We love ramen & conveyor belt sushi :-)

A: I recommend ramen restaurant "Musoshin". They serve pork bone base broth ramen.

Q:Also, saw the forecast for next week has evenings' temperatures at 18 to 21 deg. Can I assume that is for middle of the night temperatures? We only pack light, summer clothing & we do plan to explore Kyoto till 10pm.
A: I assume 18 to 21 deg. is minimum temperature early in the morning.
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Streets in Gion 2019/9/16 19:20
Noted with thanks :-)
by lseehk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread