Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus Timetable between Nobeoka & Takachiho 2019/9/16 12:55
Hi, I'm trying to find the bus timetable for buses between Nobeoka and Takachiho. The Japan Guide says "From Miyazaki Airport, take the JR Nichirin or Hyuga limited express to Nobeoka Station (80 minutes, about 3000 yen, one train per hour) and transfer to a Miyazaki Kanko bus to the Takachiho Bus Center (90 minutes, 1790 yen, hourly departures)."

However, I've also read that there are only 2 buses a day from Nobeoka, the first one at 7:28 am. I'm planning to go to Nobeoka from Miyazaki, so that means I will have to get on the first train at 5:55 am from Miyazaki, and arrive at Nobeoka at 7:05 in order to catch the bus. Is this correct?

Does anyone know for sure if there are only 2 buses a day, or are there hourly departures as stated at the Japan Guide? What about the return times?

I've also read that the bus timetable can be found at this site : http://www.miyakoh.co.jp/bus/rosen/0_jikoku/6-01_20180401.pdf
But it doesn't open into a pdf file. Instead, it opens to the Miyazaki Traffic Information page, where it is quite difficult to find the information I need. Would appreciate it if anyone can guide me to the specific page, if not too much trouble.

Has anybody done the same route recently and have the necessary information to share with me? I would like to go from Miyazaki to Nobeoka to Takachiho and backtrack the same way, preferably on the same day. Will be there in mid-April 2020.

Thanks in advance.
by PickLeng  

Re: Bus Timetable between Nobeoka & Takachiho 2019/9/16 16:25
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Timetable between Nobeoka & Takachiho 2019/9/16 20:36

Nobeoka to Takachiho and backtrack the same way
If you are returning the same day, be sure to buy day bus-pass instead of return tickets. Would save you a few bob.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Timetable between Nobeoka & Takachiho 2019/9/16 23:42
Thanks very much for the pdf file and the tip.
May I clarify that the greyed-off rows (at 7:30, 15:45, 12:38 & 18:58) are the express buses, while the other times are just commuter buses with more stops, but start and destination points are still the same, at Nobeoko and Takachiho? Also, the times marked with a black Diamond are on Sundays and public holidays only?

Thanks.
by PickLeng (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Timetable between Nobeoka & Takachiho 2019/9/16 23:50
The ones with a diamond do not run on Sundays and holidays.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Timetable between Nobeoka & Takachiho 2019/9/16 23:56
Thanks very much for your replies.
by PickLeng (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Timetable between Nobeoka & Takachiho 2020/8/28 12:02
I couldn't find any info online either, apart from the highway express bus. A link another user posted went to a 404 error. But I got a bus from Nobeoka - there were buses running every hour from 5:45 am to 8pm. The times might change yearly but considering there are Covid times, the bus service hasnt been reduced as sometimes happens. There's a great bus information center at Nobeoka station, and I got a return ticket (mon-higheay express) coming back two days later for \2,000.
by Rachel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread