Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus from Tsumago or Magome to Takayama? 2019/9/16 21:49
We will be walking the Nakasendo trail from Magome to Tsumago and wanted to catch a bus that afternoon to Takayama.
We are looking for the easier and most direct route to Takayama. We have JR rail passes but willing to pay extra for the convenience of a bus rather than doing multiple transfers by train.
I have looked at the Nohi bus service but found the website a little confusing as to whether the travel back to Takayama from Tsumago was part of a bus tour.

Thank you for any advice.
by Ana Conchi (guest)  

Re: Bus from Tsumago or Magome to Takayama? 2019/9/17 15:02
Per the last picture on this brochure you can do Magome/Tsumago-Takayama only:

https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/wp_rnw/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/magome_ts...

Reservation is required and bus is not running all year!

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus from Tsumago or Magome to Takayama? 2019/9/17 18:51
Thank you for your advice. I had a look at Nohi bus schedule and tried to make a reservation but found the departure/arrival section confusing. I'm not entirely sure whether this bus trip is a bus tour to do the Nakasendo trial from Takayama and back.

thank you
by Ana Conchi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus from Tsumago or Magome to Takayama? 2019/9/17 19:19
As described on the last page of the link above you can do ONE WAY only.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus from Tsumago or Magome to Takayama? 2019/9/18 04:25
I would look into the Matsumoto-Takayama bus. Catch the train from Nakatsugawa (close to Magome) or Nagiso (cloes to Tsumago) for Matsumoto, and then take a Nohi bus across the Alps to Takayama. The last bus is 5:05 PM so you might have to plan for it.

https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/highwaybus/matsumoto_en/

by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread