Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

4 days day-trip, using kansai thru pass? 2019/9/17 16:48
Hi,
Me & my wife will travel 3 days day-trip to Kyoto, and 1 day-trip to Nara. We are staying at Sakai area (nearby Nankai main line).

1. Since we already booked and paid all our hotel stays at Sakai area and decided to go and return in the same day. Is it more worth to use kansai thru pass?

2. Since we need to travel 4 days to Kyoto + Nara, and longest kansai thru pass is only 3-day pass. Can we buy two 3-day pass, and one 2-day pass to use? Each of us will be using the 3-day pass, and sharing to use the 2-day pass (1 day for each people). Do we need to show our passport or is the kansai thru pass writing our name on it?

3. Knowing that this kansai thru pass cannot board the train with reserved seat, will we can't find a seat on the long hour journey? We plan to depart around 7am and return around 7pm. Is it peak hour and the train is crowded on that time?
by SK101  

Re: 4 days day-trip, using kansai thru pass? 2019/9/18 13:40
You cannot split passes between two people.

Also confirm your costs. Travel around Osaka and Kyoto only isn't likely to add up to 1733 yen per day. 4500 yen over 3 days etc.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 4 days day-trip, using kansai thru pass? 2019/9/18 22:38
"You cannot split passes between two people."

Letfs say I buy 2 x 3-day pass (namely pass-A, pass-B), and buy 1 x 2-day pass (namely pass-C).

If I use it that way:
Day-1 to Kyoto: i use pass-A, my wife use pass-C
Day-2 to Kyoto: i use pass-C, my wife use pass-B
Day-3 to Kyoto: i use pass-A, my wife use pass-B
Day-4 to Nara: i use pass-A, my wife use pass-B

In that case, pass-A and pass-B are being used 3 times each, pass-C is being used 2 times each and on different days. So that will work?

Or is it the pass will have our name written on it ?
by SK101 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread