Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo 5 nights - hotels short list 2019/9/17 17:47
hello,

i will be in April at Tokyo and although i read that Ginza & Shinjuku districts are the best to stay, i decided to stay in one of the following two hotels, mainly because the rate is better:

Onyado Nono Asakusa Natural Hot Spring (Tokyo Prefecture, Taito-Ku Asakusa)

or

Hotel Sunroot Asakusa (Tokyo Prefecture, Taito-ku Kaminarimon)

However, do you think that

1. it is still far and not conveniently located to visit the above areas as well ?

2. their location is not good for having a food tour in the night markets or similar?

3. we like to stay in an area/hotel where we would have the option of natural springs or hot baths within walking distance. Would you recommend one in particular?

thank you!
by JohnBit  

Re: Tokyo 5 nights - hotels short list 2019/9/18 10:23
1. 「it is still far and not conveniently located to visit the above areas as well ?」
It's about 20 minutes by subway from Asakusa to Ginza, and about 30 minutes from Asakusa to Shinjuku. Neither one of those sound like deal-breaker amounts of time to me, but your standards might be different.

2. 「their location is not good for having a food tour in the night markets or similar?」
Japan doesn't really have night markets of the sort found in some other Asian countries. Not sure what you mean by "having a food tour," but Asakusa has plenty of restaurants that are open for lunch/dinner. You will find more dinner/drinking options in Shinjuku, but you won't go hungry (or thirsty) in Asakusa.

3. 「we like to stay in an area/hotel where we would have the option of natural springs or hot baths within walking distance. Would you recommend one in particular?」
Asakusa doesn't have any open-to-the-public hot springs, so either hotel won't put you within walking distance of one.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo 5 nights - hotels short list 2019/9/18 10:36
I would stay in Shibuya over Shinjuku. The Dormy Inn premium there has a nice bath, and it actually a very nice hotel in a good location. It just doesnt have restaurants (other than for breakfast and then ramen later at night) but there are heaps of restaurants in the area.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo 5 nights - hotels short list 2019/9/18 15:49
Well regarding bathing th first place you choose very obviously does have a bath.

If you are looking for public bathing experiences there are a lot of sentos in Asakusa. Here some lists of suggestions:
https://www.asoview.com/note/724/

https://onsen-trip.com/3174.html

If you are exclusively searching for natural hot spring water, there are also some.

https://matome.naver.jp/m/odai/2133600006780168401
This is just a quick internet search there are definitely more natural onsen in town.

Tokyo isn’t an onsen destination but you can have some pretty decent baths if you aren’t expecting a tranquil nature surrounding.

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread