Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route late november 2019/9/19 00:12
Hi,

I'm visiting Japan in the last week of november ander the first week of december. I'm thinking about doing a looptrip from and to Tokyo through Chubu. I would like to include the Alpine Route (from the Shinano side to Toyama). The route closes on the 30th of November however, so I was wondering if still is a good time to do in the laste couple of days it's open.

Are there certain parts we won't be able to visit along the route? How big is the chance a part of the routte is closed (I've read that with bad weather you can only go to Murodo)? Maybe a silly question, but will the whole route be covered in snow or only the places on higher altitudes?

Feel free to voice any other things we should be aware of. I appreciate the help. Thanks
by RLCL  

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route late november 2019/9/19 23:19
by Cooblue (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route late november 2019/9/20 00:10
Hi. I went to Tateyama Kurobe in mid Nov 2017. It was already snowing when i was there.
The walk across the Kurobe dam was tough as the wind is very strong and it was snowing heavily.
I was there with 2 kids (2yo and 5yo). The kids had lotsa fun playing with snow.

Murodo was the highest point i went. But we could barely exit the station as the snowstorm is too strong. Please check the Tateyama Alpine website to check if any part of the route is closed before going.

Have fun!
by Hazel Soh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route late november 2019/9/21 03:25
Thanks for your reactions. It seems like it's not a great idea to go then, I guess.
by RLCL rate this post as useful

reply to this thread