Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Parking at Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/9/19 10:40
I plan to drive on Sunday afternoon to Kiyomizudera which I thing that the most of crown people is less than on the morning. But I am not sure to find out the parking nearest the temple.
Could you please advise me the nearest parking of this temple.
Thank you so much
by Sarapao  

Re: Parking at Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/9/19 15:42
If at all possible, use public transport.

Btw, the temple does not have a parking lot
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Parking at Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/9/19 16:07
I second LikeBike.

If you google "Kiyomizudera Parking" you will find Kiyomizudera's official FAQ page.

https://www.kiyomizudera.or.jp/en/faq/

Q.6 Do you have parking lots?
A
We do not have a parking lot. Visitors can use city parking lots or multiple temporary parking spaces nearby the temple or at the base of the approach. During the busy seasons, all parking lots tend to be jammed. Using public transportation or taxi is strongly recommended.

As you see, Kiyomizudera strongly recommend using public transport.

In general, driving car in Kyoto is not a good idea. On weekends it will be more crowded and 12:00 to 15:00 is the busiest time of the day.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Parking at Kiyomizudera Temple 2019/9/21 08:13
"Less" is a relative term. Consider that it will be jam-packed with people all the time. You wouldn't get close to the temple by car anyway and the traffic snarl-ups around the place make access by vehicle a head-ache anyway.
Personal preference is to go somewhere less crowded and nicer - there are hundreds of locations around Kyoto that I prefer over Kiyomizu.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread