Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is there a 4-corners in Tokyo? 2019/9/24 17:02
I think this is a travel question, though it's kind of a trivial trip. Is there a 4-corners place in Tokyo where you can stand in 4 wards (ku) at the same time? From the map, it looks like there are two most likely places, but I can't find a detailed map that shows the ku boundaries at the two candidates. One would be between Nerima and Shinjuku and the other possibility would be between Shinagawa and Shibuya. It also looks barely possible that Taito-ku might touch Kita-ku, forming a 4-corner junction with Arakawa-ku and Bunkyo-ku.
by shanen  

Re: Is there a 4-corners in Tokyo? 2019/9/25 09:32
I'll play - interesting. Using Google maps it shows in very faint dotted lines the boundaries. Clicking on individual buildings tells you which ward they are in so you can check. Also thinking about the other cities in Tokyo I had a look for candidates in the wider Tokyo prefecture (because Tokyo is not just the 23-wards), but no.

Between Nerima and Shinjuku - not quite. A small piece of Nakano City puts one block between Shinjuku and Nerima.

Between Shinagawa and Shibuya - also not quite. Around a block between Meguro and Minato.

Taito-ku might touch Kita-ku, forming a 4-corner junction with Arakawa-ku and Bunkyo-ku. Also no, the distance is three blocks.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread