Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transformer 100V to 220V Japan Item 2019/9/25 04:30
Hi all,

I have been wanting to buy a Kotatsu for a very long time now and I have found this pretty amazing one on Amazon.co.jp which ships to Europe. The heater though has a voltage of 100V, standard in Japan.
Do you guys know where to get decent converters so I will not blow up the heater when plugging it in the power outlet at home?

So, where can I get 100V to 220V converters? Which ones are good!
Would love to hear your ideas
by Mikichan1991  

Re: Transformer 100V to 220V Japan Item 2019/9/25 09:48
What is the power output of the kotatsu, in watts?
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Transformer 100V to 220V Japan Item 2019/9/25 14:04
My idea would be for you to consult an electrical shop in your own country and discuss with them which step down transformer is suitable for your location. No good an Australian like myself suggesting any products as it wont be suitable for your location/region. Which you didn't supply.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transformer 100V to 220V Japan Item 2019/9/25 19:38
What you need is a step-down transformer from 220/240V to 120/100V. Depending on the wattage of the kotatsu, it can be quite cumbersome, heavy and pricey. Consult local appliance/electronics stores in your area so they can advise.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread