Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Chubu area transport 2019/9/25 22:35
Hi Japan! So excited to visit again but need help for planning.

We arrive in Central Japan Airport in the evening and planning this route:

Day1: Airport-> Toyotashi
Day2: Toyotashi-> Korankei -> Nagoya -> Takayama
Day3: Takayama->Kanazawa day trip->Takayama
Day4: Takayama->Shinhota ropeway->Hirayu Ryokan
Day5: Hirayu-> Shirakawago ->Nagoya
Day6: Sightsee Nagoya-> Central Japan airport

Questions -
I read from meitetsu and mwt.co.jp about the Shoryudo bus pass, but although the picture of route map shows connections between all the places I list to go, the bus timetable in the leaflet is limited.
However I can see more bus routes and times from Nohi bus and Meitetsu websites - does it mean the pass only works for the limited times on the leaflet? Should I get other bus passes instead of the Shoryudo one? (e.g. the Okuhida Marugoto value ticket)

For Day 2, is there any faster/easier way to go to Takayama from Korankei area, or must I go via Nagoya?

As I want to avoid a different hotel every night, the route I planned is with base at Takayama.
Does this itinerary make sense?
Should I go to both Shirakawago and Kanazawa in one day, since to Kanazawa I must pass by Shirakawago anyway? I planned 2 different days so I can take an express bus Shirakawa->Nagoya on Day5, but if the two places in one day is OK, I can use the last day to visit Gero/Kiso.

For 4 people would hiring driver be cheaper?

and lastly, do the buses allow mid-size suitcase, and are there storage facilities at Shirakawago close to the bus station for Nagoya direction?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help!
by MapleLeaf (guest)  

reply to this thread