Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese business and individual 2019/9/26 21:10
Hi everyone
I'm working for a money transfer firm and would like to send some fund to Japan but having an issue trying to differentiate if the receiver is a Japanese business or individual.
Does any know if is there any difference in the length of account number between a business bank account and individual bank account?
Many thanks for your help
by Nick (guest)  

Re: Japanese business and individual 2019/9/28 08:54
Bank accounts in Japan are seven digits. (Branch codes are usually three digits.)

My personal and business accounts, and the people I regularly pay (individual and business) all have the same format.

I have encountered an eight digit account number once (and only once) and I am not sure how that company got that account in the first place. They told me it was specific for international payments and not their usual account. They eventually supplied the correct seven digit account number and my transfer worked fine.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread