Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Rail Pass bought in Sept for Nov trip 2019/10/1 01:32
Hello, I see the JR passes prices change from October but I already purchased my pass for November trip with the lower price. Is my pass still going to be valid?
by Justyna Mynarska (guest)  

Re: Japan Rail Pass bought in Sept for Nov trip 2019/10/1 10:08
Yes still valid
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Rail Pass bought in Sept for Nov trip 2019/10/1 21:41
If you have received your pass there should be an "exchange by" date which is normally after purchasing 3 months~ period . so it will be valid no matter on price change.
by r43534 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Rail Pass bought in Sept for Nov trip 2019/10/2 00:10
There seems to be some misconception going on here.
- it is not the prices that increase in Japan but rather the VAT

Yes, probably some firms will take this as an excuse to also increase prices. But anything you already have bought is already yours. Eg if you bought in September one article in a 100 Yen shop, you paid 108 Yen (100 Yen price + 8 yen tax). You donft need to go back now and give them another 2 cent. But if you go to buy again something there from today onwards youfll pay 110 yen.

Same for a JR pass.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Rail Pass bought in Sept for Nov trip 2019/10/11 20:49
Hello Justyna,

Yes, your pass will be valid. The validity period of the JR Pass is 3 consecutive months. What this implies is that once issued, the Exchange Order can be exchanged during the following 3 months only. More details: https://www.jrailpass.com/faq/buying-in-advance
by Jeffy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread