Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advise needed on Ta-Q-Bin services 2019/10/2 00:53
Hi all, advise needed for Ta-Q-Bin services for luggage delivery Tokyo-Osaka-Tokyo. Try checking on Yamato website but the search info is in Japanese and I cant read.

Will be arriving at Narita and straight head to Hakone for 1 night, following day to Osaka, then back to Tokyo at Day 6.

Questions:

1) is there a Ta-Q-Bin service from Narita? If there isnft, we will do it at Tokyo Station. We are taking the NEX so we can stop at Tokyo or Shinagawa.
2) will it arrive the next day between Tokyo-Osaka-Tokyo? As seen from this website, it says 2 days:
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/ytc/en/send/services/bothways/
3) will be staying at AirBnb with self check-in, I reckon there will not be anyone receiving the luggage at receiving end and we are not sure what time we will check-in. Can you recommend what is the best option to do this? Will be staying near Imamiya Station (Osaka) and Yotsuya Station (Tokyo). Can we send and pick up from any nearest location? If yes, can you let me know the address? We are trying to avoid bringing luggage on any train ride if possible as we are traveling with elders and kids.
4) How does the Ta-Q-Bin return service works? From A-B-C. We plan to self drop-off at A (counter), send to B and would like to be picked up at B (AirBnB or nearest pickup counter), and send to C (AirBnb or nearest pickup counter).

Thank you in advanced.
by eclaires  

Re: Advise needed on Ta-Q-Bin services 2019/10/2 14:11
My principal advise is to call them. They have a nice English speaking service.

1) is there a Ta-Q-Bin service from Narita?

Yes, there is.

2) will it arrive the next day between Tokyo-Osaka-Tokyo? As seen from this website, it says 2 days:
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/ytc/en/send/services/bothways/

I would guess that delivery is next day, but not 100% sure. The phone number I would was speaking of is at the bottom of the page you linked.

3) will be staying at AirBnb with self check-in, I reckon there will not be anyone receiving the luggage at receiving end and we are not sure what time we will check-in. Can you recommend what is the best option to do this? Will be staying near Imamiya Station (Osaka) and Yotsuya Station (Tokyo). Can we send and pick up from any nearest location? If yes, can you let me know the address? We are trying to avoid bringing luggage on any train ride if possible as we are traveling with elders and kids.

I had baggage deliver to a closeby Yamato service center where you can pick it up during their service hours (likely closed on Sundays). On the phone they can advise you where the closest place is. Youfll need that address for shipping so call them ahead. The other possibility is to speak with your Airbnb or to time the delivery for a time when youfll be there. Delivery is timed in slots. 9-12,12-14, 16-18... and so on. Probably the webpage has the exact slots. But generally itfs a 2 h time window. Only in am itfs 3 h.

4) How does the Ta-Q-Bin return service works? From A-B-C. We plan to self drop-off at A (counter), send to B and would like to be picked up at B (AirBnB or nearest pickup counter), and send to C (AirBnb or nearest pickup counter).

Either you bring your luggage for shipping to a closeby conbini with Takyubin service, or a Yamato service center or even more comfortable you call them a few days ahead and arrange pickup at your location. Itfs again going to be a 2/3 h time slot.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advise needed on Ta-Q-Bin services 2019/10/2 15:49
Thanks for your valuable tips LikeBike!
by eclaires rate this post as useful

reply to this thread