Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I buy Pasmo or Suica from Kansai Airport 2019/10/2 21:40
Can I buy Pasmo or Suica from Kansai Airport in the current years. I see some posts you could not do it earlier, have things changed now ?
by Rohinton (guest)  

Re: Can I buy Pasmo or Suica from Kansai Airport 2019/10/3 10:59
No, you cannot buy those there. They are issued by Tokyo Metro and JR East. You can buy the ICOCA which is just as useful as the SUICA. You can only return it in the JR West area. So if you're going to Tokyo, then you must keep it, though you can empty it at convenience stores as well. You won't get your deposit back.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Can I buy Pasmo or Suica from Kansai Airport 2019/10/3 11:03
The Kansai region's local IC card is the ICOCA. PASMO and Suica are the Tokyo region's local IC cards. You can't buy a particular IC card in a different region. So the answer to your question is no.

You can use ICOCA throughout Japan, though; you don't need a Suica or PASMO specifically. If you really wanted a PASMO or Suica, but it online and have it delivered before you come to Japan.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I buy Pasmo or Suica from Kansai Airport 2019/10/3 11:06
Thank you very much!

by Rohinton (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread