Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/4 15:41
We millions of Foreigners want to buy Tokyo supporters pass in 2020 for unlimited travel by JR East and 26 other railway companies in greater Tokyo area.How much yen we need to pay?
by Donald (guest)  

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/4 17:12
The price hasn't been announced yet.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/5 02:09
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/5 03:05
I have a feeling one will have to do a lot of traveling to make this pass pay off and the price hasn't even been set yet. I am willing to bet it's more for convenience than savings.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/5 04:03
According to the PDF document, even the Shonan monorail is included. Therefore, if the price per day is below 2000 yen and your hotel is on the northern part of Tokyo, for example between Yamanote line and Musashino line, then it probably pays off, if you start your day at 9:00 and step inside your hotel room after 21:00 and want to visit Enoshima or several other attractions in Tokyo in single day a la Asakusa + Ikebukuro+Odaiba.
On my 2018 trip to Tokyo - i experienced that if you do not have any pass, then it is very easy to spend a lot of money for subway and local trains inside the Greater Tokyo if you want to see several sights. For example, our route from JR Shiomi to Skytree had three different companies (JR, Tokyo Metro and TOEI) therefore the total fare was higher than if hypothetically the route would had been possible with a single operator. Combine that with JR Shiomi-Tokyo Teleport -JR Shiomi and you have almost spent 2000 yen for those two sights.

BR,
Lauri
by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/5 15:28
This is my Dream pass.Because I always want to travel as much as possible by a single pass.you know that greater Tokyo rail system is
Complex and one company has its own valid area.
I think,This pass should be 3 Day=15000 yen,included Limited express and shinkansen train.In Tokyo,already exist JR Tokyo wide pass 3 Day=10180 yen+Greater Tokyo pass 3 Day=7200 yen ,
Total=17380 yen,if we buy 2 pass and travel valid area at the same time.
Price will be higher or Lower. But we foreigners want this pass all year round.because money is no problem.our main focus is to travel and see maximum Japanese islands in a single pass.
by Donald (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/6 14:39
This rail pass valid from July 22 to August 9,2020
And August 25 to September 6,2020
by Salah Ad din (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/7 03:07
Thanks Friends for your kind information.

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/7 03:25
If the Tokyo Wide pass is 10000 yen and only covers one rail company for same period, I cannot imagine this being cheap. Unless it excludes the Shinkansen lines.

I do not feel this will reduce complexity for foreigners very much. Given that it is only for 3 days, people will still have to figure out the rail system when the pass expires.

by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/7 15:09
This pass will not cover Limited express and shinkansen train.
It exist only 2020 Tokyo Olympics and para-Olympics period.You can travel by this pass by Suica smart card,pasmo electronic money card.
by Modi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/11 04:36
This rail pass cover JR East,Tokyo monorail, shonan monorail, Chiba monorail, tama monorail,Tsukuba express, enoshima rail, odakyu,
Keio,keisei,shin keisei rail,seibu,tokyu ,Tokyo metro,toei subway,
Yokohama subway,Yokohama seaside line,keikyu,saitama rail,sagami rail,rinkai line,tobu,toyo,hokuso,yurikamome,Yokohama minato mirai
by Salah Ad din (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo supporters pass 2019/10/11 15:14
Thanks A Lot.

reply to this thread