Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel from Tohoku to Kyoto 2019/10/4 19:27
Hi,

I land in Tokyo at the end of October for 20 days. Want to visit tohoku (sendai) and then move towards Kyoto and Osaca. Would love to get recomendations about 5 days traveling from Sendai to Kyoto.
Thank you!
by yael (guest)  

Re: travel from tohoku to kyoto 2019/10/5 05:08
What are your interests? Without knowing your interests it is very difficult to give meaningful suggestions.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: travel from tohoku to kyoto 2019/10/5 14:21
Book flight, SDJ to KIX, or SDJ to ITM.
by Momo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: travel from tohoku to kyoto 2019/10/12 00:15
I know you want to go a lot of Japanese places ASAP, right ? However, I think itfs difficult to realize traveling from Sendai to Kyoto in about 5 days because the distance is very long between. In addition, youfll need to prepare much money if you want to go these places since it may require traveling by airplane or bullet train. So I suggest not going to all the places but choosing the places youfre the most your interested places in Japan.
By the way, My recommendation is include Kyoto and Osaka because they have a large number of famous and traditional spots to see. Actually, in Japan, many Japanese people think they would love to go there at least once. I hope this helps.
by T (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: travel from tohoku to kyoto 2019/10/12 01:01
Flights to/from Tohoku with ANA/JAL are cheap (5,500) with the usual tourist discounts. Look it up.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel from Tohoku to Kyoto 2019/10/12 10:55
Travel time between Sendai and Kyoto is almost same, 4 hours both flight and bullet train. Train is more flexible because if you miss a train you can take the next train.
So, if your return flight is from Tokyo, using JR 7day pass and taking Shinkansen train from Tokyo to Sendai, Sendai via Tokyo to Kyoto, and Kyoto to Tokyo is very convenient and cost-effective.
by Chibanian rate this post as useful

Re: Travel from Tohoku to Kyoto 2019/10/12 12:19
You also have the option to travel the Pacific side from Tokyo to Sendai, and then go across to the Sea of Japan side and travel along that coast where the seafood, traditional sweets and the cultural is fascinating. In this case, a Japan Rail Pass might be worth while.

Again, it totally depends on your interests.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread