Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai One pass 2019/10/6 08:05
Hello,

I am a bit confused with different Kansai passes, maybe you can help. I would like to have a pass that lets me travel between KiiKatsuura, downtown Osaka, and Kansai Airport. As I understand the Kansai Wide area pass covers the train rides from Kii Peninsula to Osaka and also the Haruka Express to Kansai, but is of no use in downtown Osaka for subways, busses etc, right?

Then there is the Kansai One pass, which is basically an IC card, which I can use to ride from Kii Peninsula to Osaka also and which gives me a discount for the Haruka.

Basically I want a pass that avoids needing to buytrain tickets in ticket offices. Which one should i get?
Thank you.
by Tanja (guest)  

Re: Kansai One pass 2019/10/6 12:07
The Kansai Wide Area Pass is usually of good value to travel to the Kii Peninsula. It is of limited use in central Osaka where you can use JR trains with it. For other transportation in Osaka, use an IC card.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai One pass 2019/10/6 17:17
Thank you. So if I buy the Kansai wide pass can I just enter the Haruka limited express with it, or do I need to make any reservations?
by Tanja (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai One pass 2019/10/6 18:17
Non-reserved seats on the Haruka are covered, but seat reservations are not. More details:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_08.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai One pass 2019/10/6 19:26
Thanks again. But i am still not sure if I understand : Unreserved seat is covered, but still i need to pay a limited express fee?
by Tanja (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread