Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass 7 days itinerary 2019/10/7 21:00
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a good options for my itinerary with the 7 days JR Pass. There's so much information that i'm lost. I'm staying at Hotel keihan asakusa.
JR PASS 7 days itinerary:
Day 1: 01nov odawara castle (JR)
hakone mt fuji (hakone freepass \4000)
Hotel keihan asakusa, tawaramachi station, kanda station, tokyo station. Tokyo Station Tokaido Shinkansen line to Odawara Station, which is included in the JR Pass. Odawara Hakone Tozan train to Hakone-Itabashi Station 2.5hrs.
Day 2: 02nov Himeji (姫路城) & kokoen garden JR 3.5 hrs Asakusa station/line, sengakuji station keikyu line, shinagawa station, keikyu line gate takanawa exit west 80m shinagawa station tokaido sanyo shinkansen himeji station.
Day 3: 03nov nikko日光2.5 \500 bus pass
Toshogu Shrine (東照宮, Tōshōgū)
Taiyuinbyo (大猷院廟, Taiyūinbyō)
Shinkyo Bridge
Kegon waterfall
Ashikage flower park 2.5h
(the garden of illuminating flowers night show 15.30 - 21.00)
Day 4: 04-11 nagoya
Nagoya castle名古屋&Inuyama Castle 犬山城
From tokyo station by tokaido shinkansen 1.40hrs. From nagoya station to inuyama 30min. Meitetsu inuyama line. Nagoya is 52min from Osaka, so if we have time we can go to Osaka.
Day 5: 05-11 KOBE神戸市 kyoto (no schedule yet)
Day 6: 06-11 Chureito pagoda 忠霊塔fuji

Do you think this is a good and convenient itinerary and possible with the shinkansen? I'm stuck with day 1, 3 & 6...
Day 1 first odawara castle then hakone mt fuji.
Hakone shrine shore of lake ashinoko, mototsumiya shrine with komagatake ropeway. Sighseeing pirate cruise covered by hakane freepass, Hakone open air museum
Symphonic sculpture, old tokaido&hakone checkpoint, a look of edo era walking to tea house amazake chaya.
Day 3 is it possible to go to Nikko and then to Ashikaga flower park illuminating with the shinkansen?
Day 6 is chureito pagoda worth it?

Thank you very much!

Emily
by Emily (guest)  

Re: JR Pass 7 days itinerary 2019/10/8 11:34
Emily, people already answered this query in your original thread:

https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+170697

Please look there.

You underestimated the trip between Tokyo and Himeji. It is 4 hours from Tokyo Station to Himeji Station via Hikari, you can't use Nozomi with a rail pass. (Most Hikari run Tokyo to Okayama and so you will not need to transfer, however, you are still looking at 8 hours round trip from Tokyo Station and then another 8 hour round trip from Tokyo Station when you go to Kobe.)

I'd do the itinerary I posted in the original thread.

Good luck.

by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread