Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I marry again? 2019/10/9 08:43
Hey guys I got my permanent resident last year having Japanese spouse my question is can I marry again? We are not divorce yet but living separate already 7 months I live in Tokyo my wife live in osaka .can I marry my own country someone? And get her dependent or spouse of permanent resident visa? I belongs to Indonesia.. Thank you
by Justyou (guest)  

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/9 12:44
Sound like you marry a Japanese to get visa and than marry someone else from your country to get this person to Japan. This will be interested for immigration point of view.
Also if you have a spouse visa and not permanent visa than you are not complying with the terms.

Sorry if I am to direct.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/9 16:13
You can marry again

IF.. BIG IF ..
few things to consider..

- you are married to Japanese spouse, got spouse visa/status and last year changed/got your PR ?
- although Indonesia law allow polygamy, Japan don't.
- is your current marriage (with Japanese spouse) registered in Indonesia?
- You need to officially divorce your Japanese spouse (since you married under Japanese law?).
- If you don't divorce, when you married your new wife in Indonesia and try apply for spouse of PR, you
Japanese marriage record will somehow affect the application with immigration.
- does your Japanese spouse agree to divorce?
- getting a divorce in Japan is very easy, just go to city hall and sign divorce form together with your Japanese spouse.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/9 17:02
@justmyday don't blame me my Japanese spouse fly to my country 5 years ago we got married in my own country it was not for a visa but now my spouse not anymore interested in me have affairs with others as we live separate now but my spouse not agree for divorce but my country law allows me to marry other women without divorcing the first one .
by Justyou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/9 18:50
so typical of this forum to be all judgmental without knowing the details. anyway.

Op, you need to divorce her to marry someone else in Japan, no polygamy in Japan. If she's not cooperating with the divorce and you're certain that she's having affairs, how about you get some evidence? You can always hire a detective to get you enough proof if it's difficult to do it by yourself. Then you will have full right to a divorce even without her consent.

But after you divorce you will lose you spouse visa (some lawyers will say that you can stay until the date written on your residence card, but I would not rely on that advice). So you have to look for other means to stay here. Do you work for an employer that could sponsor your work visa? Then after that, you would be in a position to marry a non-japanese and bring her here as your spouse.

Divorces happen a lot in Japan, international couples are not exempt, and many times within a very short time frame, I've seen so many... I don't see why immigration would believe this looks fishy.
by loyc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 08:48
People should try to read. I am not blaming nor am I judging.
This would be likely an interesting point from immigration point of view, since this practice is done by foreigners to get in to Japan or someone else.

So before you point fingers please read

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 09:05
if you want to live in Japan, you need to follow Japanese law, not your country's law. i.e. you country's law is invalid in Japan.
probably, you can get married in your country again. but, your new wife will not be recognized as a spouse in Japan, because you already have a spouse. (you can't have two spouses simultaneously in Japan.)
to be everything more simple, as everybody advise you, you should make divorce at first.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 09:34
To OP.

- Are you in Japan with PR now ?
- If you can proof (with concrete evidence) that your spouse is having an affair while still being married, then you can file for divorce under 'Divorce by Litigation' due to spouse infidelity, and also long term separation.
- ALSO if you want, you could try sue both your spouse and lover for monetary damage. Or use this as a bargain chip to file mutual divorce.
https://ailaw.co.jp/en/blog-en/4-divorce-methods-in-japan/

- That said, you need to get a divorce in Japan first before you can proceed with your new spouse visa application.
- but my country law allows me to marry other women without divorcing the first one .
Japan won't recognise the marriage since you are still married to you Japanese spouse.
No polygamy marriage in Japan.

Sound like you marry a Japanese to get visa and than marry someone else from your country to get this person to Japan.
People should try to read. I am not blaming nor am I judging.
So before you point fingers please read
You know that when you point a finger at someone, the other 3 finger point back at you.

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 10:41
I prefer 1 finger into your face. If you want to discuss just come with point because I am just being direct and not pointing fingers. I have lack about what you say, but if people cannot handle directness than it is not my issue

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 13:49
yes, it is your issue. your directness has no purpose in your comment. you just made up some really negative story about how immigration will see the matter. how about some advice? the lack of some sort of advice to a potential problem that you have identified is what makes you look judgmental. it's not about your directness. maybe learn to communicate better so that people won't misunderstand the tone of your comments.
by loyc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 14:02
I not marry my spouse for visa I told you before and also I mentioned that my spouse came to my country to marry me and after I came to Japan I have no problem in my country I spent much time in my country also every year just now I mentioned the problem that me and my spouse living separate now and also I see my spouse with someone many times also my spouse bring someone to home I have confirmed this so now I want to marry someone other and bring to Japan and as for my status I have permanent now got it last year so I am independent now my status (visa) not depends on my spouse anymore also I registered my separate address at city hall.

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 14:08
Justmyday@ I also see ur comments at other post you always talking about visa you think everyone in Japan just got married for visa to stay in Japan may be but may be u will be wrong there are many peoples who never care visa or Japan but having something other issues or problem. I also spent 5 years in Japan my marriage was real and have alot of love but unfortunately I don't understand why Japanese people changes after sometime so I spent 5 years I learned language culture and having nice job every thing I buy a loan home also then now if my spouse is not Honest and don't like me anymore I have to move on and get married again it's not mean that I married the Japanese only for visa

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 14:21
Op,you should be kick out from Japan. So at least,think for a minute before taking decision for second marriage.

My spouse with some one many times also my spouse bring someone home.........You know that,Japanese people has the rights to meet, to talk with their friends,with their co workers,And it is not a crime to bring
Them home.so please take right decision. Never blame her.Why you separate from her?
by Boris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 14:44
for op:

You don't have to marry someone after you get divorced , that's a decision , it is not mandatory.

If you wanna marry someone in your country , that is fine but you gotta make sure that you get divorced first, if you do not get divorce first , japan will not acknowledge your marriage as valid , you and your current wife have to get divorced first , regardless if she cheated or cheats on you , or if she does not love you anymore , you have to get divorced.

by stormystorm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 18:19
Why I will be kicked from Japan? I came legally I spent the whole time under Japan laws and follow rules and regulations nothing I did wrong. And this normal for Japanese to meet friends and bring them to home but for married one it's not normal and with opposite sex definitely it's normal going to the bars after going back to home together drunk do you think it's normal? Sending nudes pictures do u think it's normal?

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 18:23
What is the meaning of permanent? Then need to stop giving permanent and just 5 years is fine always extension is fine. No more meaning if this permanent resident if still in this situation me and may be many like me are not free and nit allowed for their decision.

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 18:30
Bottom line

You have to get divorced boss.
by Stormystorm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 20:40
To put it simply : even though Indonesia allows it, if you want your new spouse to also live in Japan, you need to divorce your current spouse first, because Japan don't allow it.
Regardless of who is wrong, or how not normal you think your friend is, the first thing you want to do before bringing your new spouse to Japan is to divorce your current spouse.
by justpassingthrough (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I marry again? 2019/10/10 20:43
Pak OP,

Just ignore those ignorant ranting people.

As other had mentioned, your main priority/problem is divorce in Japan.

In order to bring your future wife to be under spouse of PR visa, you need to tie that loose end in Japan.
First, get divorce officially from your Japanese spouse before you marry in Indonesia, in order not to create problem when apply for visa.

How to get divorce, already mentioned above. It is up to you to proceed.

Divorce before marry again.

Sekian.

reply to this thread