Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tarot reading in Japan 2019/10/10 03:32
Hello,
I am a professional tarot reader, I read online and in person. I do readings for a few apps and a popular website.
I have always dreamed of moving to japan and I am wondering if I would be able to move to Japan with the income proof of working online as a tarot reader. I would possibly try to do a work holiday if I could, but the end goal is full time living in Japan. I get direct deposits from the website 2 times a month so it is full time steady income. The apps and in person are just side work mostly.
My questions;
How likely is it that this could happen?
How likely is it I get Japanese clients as an American reader?
Is there a big enough belief in Japan that it would help supplement income?
I may edit for more questions.
Thank you!
by Persephonescharm  

Re: Tarot reading in Japan 2019/10/10 07:33
How likely is it that this could happen?
How likely is it I get Japanese clients as an American reader?

Well either read your cards or read about visa conditions for Japan on the webpage of the ministry. Assuming you are US american there is no WHV, so I can’t imagine any visa category that would work for you. Also your income kind of would need to come from Japan because only that makes it necessary in the eyes of immigration to actually be in Japan.

Assuming you’d even make it to Japan, how is your Japanese? Ie even if you find people interested in tarot will you be able to entertain them in Japanese? Note that in Japan other traditional forms of fortune telling exist. And as all this relies on your customers actually believing that a) it is possible and b) your method works, it seems to be a very far shot.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tarot reading in Japan 2019/10/10 07:50
There isn't a visa category for "tarot reading" because it's not a skill required in (any?) country. You could look into setting up your own business in Japan, but you would need a lot of money to do so, and a decent level of Japanese. As the first poster has already pointed out, how could you do readings for Japanese people without speaking Japanese?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tarot reading in Japan 2019/10/10 10:53
「I am a professional tarot reader」
「How likely is it I get Japanese clients as an American reader?」

Isn't knowing the future supposed to be your job?

「 I am wondering if I would be able to move to Japan with the income proof of working online as a tarot reader.」

That's probably a bit of a long shot as far as getting a visa goes. If your primary source of work/income is a website based outside of Japan with non-Japanese customers, it's going to be hard to convince the Japanese immigration bureau that you need to be in Japan to work or that your work is providing a benefit to Japanese society, which are two of the big litmus tests for whether or not a visa will be issued.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread