Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Wide Pass - where to see snow 2019/10/14 15:53
I will be travelling to Tokyo around this Christmas and New Year (22 Dec 2019 to 1 Jan 2020).
I am thinking of getting the JR Tokyo Wide Pass (since it is much cheaper than the JR pass 7 days).

Using this pass where can i go to to see snow other than Gala Yuzawa? I will be glad if someone can give me some suggestions.
It can be a City or a small town (but not a town which is so small that it has nothing interesting) It has to be a place where the chances of having snow is very very high.
At this location, i would love to stay in a Ryokan which has a private Onsen.

I am planning to spend 4 nights in Tokyo and go over to this other location for 2 nights and then back to Tokyo again for 4 nights.
by Henry (guest)  

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - where to see snow 2019/10/14 19:24
Well it is much cheaper pass. But i dont think it will take you anywhere to see good snow.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - where to see snow 2019/10/14 19:43
The best answer is Kusatsu Onsen Ski Resort.
One of the best hot spring towns in Japan and one of Japan's best long-run ski resorts

Kusatsu Onsen Ski Resort
https://www.932-onsen.com/winter/course

Kusatsu Onsen
https://www.taberukoto.jp/kusatsu-onsen/
by DEEP JAPAN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - where to see snow 2019/10/14 19:53
Why do you exclude Gala Yuzawa or Echigo-Yuzawa or Iwappara?
They should have snow at end Dec and are easy to reach from Tokyo and within The validity of the pass.

Itfs kind of you are excluding the best option you have to achieve your goal.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - where to see snow 2019/10/15 17:59
Is there things to see/ do/ shop around Gala Yuzawa or Echigo-Yuzawa?

The last time when i was in Gala Yuzawa and Echigo-Yuzawa, it was in February and the town was full of snow on the ground. For my upcoming trip in December (around 28 - 28 Dec), do you think there will be snow in the town? or am i only able to see snow up in the ski resort?

Yes Kusatsu seems like there are more things to see/ do/ shop compared to Echigo-Yuzawa.
The same question, will there be snow on the ground in December? around 26 to 28 of dec i will be going that area.
by Henry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - where to see snow 2019/10/15 19:11
I spent Christmas Eve night at Manza Onsen back in 2013. There was a lovely amount of snow. As for things to do, onsen or snow sports. But really, sitting in a rotenburo as snow falls is as good as it gets for ultimate relaxation.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - where to see snow 2019/10/15 19:12
And as for things to do around Echigo Yuzawa - drink sake at the station.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - where to see snow 2019/10/24 12:50
Has anyone been to both Nozawa onsen and Kusatsu Onsen? How would you compare this 2 places?
My gf and I, we do not know how to ski, therefore will not be skiing. So we prefer a place which has a little bit of shopping, things to see, places to visit, and a place which has more restaurant and cafes.
by Henry (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread