Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Korankei affected by Typhoon Hagibis? 2019/10/14 17:58
I was planning to travel to Obara & Korankei from Nagoya either on 11th or 12th November 2019. Not sure if these places have been affected by the recent typhoon and I should avoid these places. How about the places of interest in Nagoya? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
by Fraggle (guest)  

Re: Korankei affected by Typhoon Hagibis? 2019/10/14 19:22
One month in the future and 1500km from the major storm area. I think it will be alright by then.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Korankei affected by Typhoon Hagibis? 2019/10/14 19:55
There is no news about Korankei having damage as far as I can tell. It's fairly far inland. The areas of Aichi that had flooding were on the Atsumi Peninsula in places like Tahara (80km away from Korankei, not 1500km).
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Korankei affected by Typhoon Hagibis? 2019/10/15 02:58
Thank you, hakat14 & Rabbityama. Looks like I am able to visit Korankei as planned then.
I raised the question earlier as there is a large area highlighted as "strongly affected" in the map at https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html
by Fraggle (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread