Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama-Kurobe alpine route - typhoon impact 2019/10/15 10:36
Hi, I was planning to do the alpine route next week, but I'm not totally clear how this has been impacted by the typhoon.

Our plan was to take the Shinkansen to Nagano, traverse the alpine route and then travel onwards to Kanazawa. I believe the Shinkansen is running to Nagano but not all the way through to Kanazawa. Are there trains running from Toyama to Kanazawa? Also, we would need to forward our luggage. It sounds like it might not be practical to do that from Tokyo, but is luggage forwarding on the trans alpine route operational?

Any information would be much appreciated. I understand things may improve closer to the time, but I need to make decisions now as I will need to rejig my itinerary and change accommodation bookings before the cancellation period expires.
by Shanagarry (guest)  

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe alpine route - typhoon impact 2019/10/15 19:04
Have you checked the Alpine route website yet?
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe alpine route - typhoon impact 2019/10/15 19:07
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe alpine route - typhoon impact 2019/10/15 20:14
And see here for your JR question:
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/

Yamato Kuroneko seems to be back to full service, at least if you want to ship from Tokyo to Toyama or Kanazawa directly. However best just check with them directly either at your hotel or through their English phone number:

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/ytc/en/info/info_191008.html

Enjoy your trip!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe alpine route - typhoon impact 2019/10/16 07:52
Are there trains running from Toyama to Kanazawa?

Yes. But note that trains between Tokyo and Nagano and between Toyama and Kanazawa are running on a special timetable for the meantime.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama-Kurobe alpine route - typhoon impact 2019/10/16 12:20
Many thanks for your help. I had checked the website, but before the 4pm update yesterday.

Hopefully now there will be sufficient trains running to make it feasible - it was already quite a tight schedule!
by Shanagarry (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread