Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel to Asakusa hotel from Narita 2019/10/15 11:52
Hi,
We'll be arriving at Narita 2 around 17:30 and I'm trying to decide on the best way to get to our hotel (Hotel Gracery Asakusa).

The hotel is close to the Asakusa station, so I thought that the Access Express might be a good option. There's a departure at 18:40 which seems to transit through Keisei-Takasago and require a transfer at Aoto.

Can I please check that we simply stay on the train as it transits through Keisei-Takasago? Also, is it possible to use the Pasmo/Suica card for this train, or do we need to purchase a special ticket?

Another option is to take the Skyliner to Ueno, and then either take a cab or subway to the hotel. Would you recommend this rather than the Access Express?
Many thanks for your help!

by Brisben (guest)  

Re: Travel to Asakusa hotel from Narita 2019/10/15 19:03
Dear Brisben,

I had play a little bit with google maps an found these option for you:

At 18:03 (or 18:23) with "Keisei Line" (Limited Express, direction to Nishi-Magome) for 59 min./ 13 Stops to Aoto Station.
Than you STAY in the same train, which changes automatically to "Keisei-Oshiage Line" (direction to Nishi-Magome) for 7 Min./direct to Oshiage Station SKYTREE.
You STAY further in the same train which changes now to "Asakusa Line" (direction to Nishi-Magome) for 3 min./ 2 Stops to Asakusa Station.

You can use your PASMO or SUICA Card.

Please keep in mind, that at Asakusa Station only the Exit A2B has a Lift. The other Stations have only Stairs!
But your Hotel lies near this Station, so oyu donLt have a long way from this exit.

I like Asakusa a lot! Have a nice trip! :-)

Many Greetings,
Vio
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Asakusa hotel from Narita 2019/10/15 19:13
That's absolutely brilliant. Thanks so much for your help!
by Brisben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Asakusa hotel from Narita 2019/10/15 19:33
A more important one is a Japanese identity.

Tokyo symbol, Tokyo station. A tour of the Japanese Imperial Palace. Both are free to touch the heart of Japan.
https://youtu.be/Zlr3k1Y-3qo
https://youtu.be/7o9JUbR-YGQ

The "center" the Japanese nature and culture are made important where"Beauty" which is also quiet gaudy layPlease do O experience.
by DEEP JAPAN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Asakusa hotel from Narita 2019/10/16 12:05
If you donft mind paying a little more, I recommend the Keisei Skyliner and then a short taxi to your hotel. Itfs a large comfortable train with room for luggage and a very fast trip into Ueno (right next to asakusa).

The taxi ride should only be 1000-1500 yen and they will know exactly where your hotel is vs wandering a massive foreign city with luggage.

Asakusa station is also really confusing as it is really 3 different stations spread over a couple large city blocks.

Either way, Asakusa is a great area to stay in and youfll have a wonderful time.

by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Asakusa hotel from Narita 2019/10/16 16:45
I'll certainly think about the Skyliner. It's a good point about finding the hotel. Thanks for your advice!

Re: Travel to Asakusa hotel from Narita 2019/10/17 03:09
If you do plan to use taxi, I would recommend carrying a printout with the Hotel name and street address in Japanese to give the driver. Not all taxi drivers are fluent in English, or may have difficulty with your pronunciation.

by me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Asakusa hotel from Narita 2019/10/17 03:53
Will do!! Thanks for the tip.

reply to this thread