Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing nuts into Japan 2019/10/15 13:56
My mum is a vegetarian. Can she bring nuts to Japan?
by vinnie123  

Re: Bringing nuts into Japan 2019/10/15 20:29
You can for sure buy all types of nuts in Japan. Why would you bring them? Just unnecessary weight.

(BTW, I have no idea if you can bring them. I would kind of suspect YES... but I am not sure).
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing nuts into Japan 2019/10/16 04:46
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing nuts into Japan 2019/10/16 05:28
Hey Vinnie,

Have you checked out HappyCow? There are a lot more vegetarian options in Japan than there use to be and there are new places offering vegetarian options all the time.

There are still places where vegetarian options are sparse, but it's so much better than it was.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing nuts into Japan 2019/10/17 02:21
I have brought 4 bags of Pistachios and Cashews that I bought at Trader Joe's to friends in Japan as omiyage. Custom officer just said that they were a lot, but let me pass anyway. Heavy for sure though. This was in NRT.
by TC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing nuts into Japan 2019/10/17 11:10
TC
Did you declare at Narita Airport then? Thanks.
by vinnie123 rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing nuts into Japan 2019/10/20 12:03
@v

I did. I always lists down all foodstuffs that I bring even if I know they're OK to bring just in case I get chosen to be searched like that day. That was my 3rd time in Japan
by TC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing nuts into Japan 2019/10/21 23:14
I had trouble with food transportation
by Robin Cooper (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing nuts into Japan 2019/10/31 14:52
Please consult the custom site what you may bring or not.
Depending on the location/region and the product you bring you be prohibited to bring into Japan.

It is defiantly not allowed to bring ALL nuts in Japan, it is based on the region where you come from.
http://www.pps.go.jp/english/law/list2.html
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing nuts into Japan 2019/11/11 19:11
My mother brought almond nuts to Tokyo. There was no problems. Thanks.

by vinnie123 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread