Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/18 00:08
I posted my question below on somebodyfs thread on Nagano flooding. But I think may be better to start a new thread on it. Apologies for double posts.

I bought a Hokuriku Shinkansen Arch pass and plan to travel from Tokyo to Nagano, Kurobe, Toyama and then back to Tokyo again. My travel date is 1 Nov 2019 and I am worried that my travel plan will be affected due to non operation of hokuriku shinkansen for the route that I am covering.

Anyone can advise me if I can still go ahead with the plan? I am now left with not much time to re-do the travel plan and accommodation.

Also where can I find the new train schedule? Hyperdia seems to be not updated yet and still shows the usual bullet train schedules.

Many thanks!
by CKT (guest)  

Re: Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/18 06:16
Jr east or west website for info.
1 to 2 weeks was the last i heard for fixing signals.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/18 06:16
Trains are expected to have restarted operating along the Hokuriku Shinkansen by the end of October; however, train service will be reduced by about 40% with respect to the regular timetable because many shinkansen trains were damaged by the flooding. In my opinion, that shouldn't be a reason to change your travel plans, though.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/18 06:17
You can get the latest updates here:
https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html

Re: Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/18 08:18
Thanks all for your advice and info. Seems like I can proceed with my travel plan.

I went to the JR east website and found a link to gEki-net.comh which contains the hokuriku Shinkansen schedule. I see that the schedule shows the bullet train that goes from Tokyo to Kanazawa even though the route between Nagano and joetsumyoko is closed.

However I can found the Asama train schedule from the JR East website which seems to be the updated one post hagibis.

Does anyone know where can I find the updated train schedule for the rest of the route which reflects the closure of portion of route and reduced frequency of Shinkansen.

Many thanks!
by CKT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/18 15:50
JR East announced Today that Hokuriku Shinkansen will resume its full line operation on October 25th. The timetable is not released yet. Your travel will be ok.
by Miya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/18 16:15
JR-East will restart from October the 25th
the whole-route operation of the Hokuriku Shinkansen,
which is now interrupted for JR-East section Nagano -- Joetsumyoko.

The number of Tokyo -- Kanazawa direct trains is expected to be about nine-tenths as the usual.

(It seems that JR-East and JR-West have decided to secure Tokyo -- Kanazawa direct trains as many as possible, after one-third of all the Hokuriku Shinkansen train cars were flooded.)
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/18 23:12
Thanks everyone for the very helpful info!
by CKT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/21 17:58
A reduced timetable will be running from 25th or 26th - around 80%. Best information is from the Japanese JREast website - use a web-page translator and it gives enough context information for a machine translation. The English version has quite unhelpful information IMO.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/22 07:44
Trains will be running at around 90% of the regular timetable.

Re: Hokuriku Shinkansen (post typhoon) 2019/10/22 07:55
90% of services that run the full line between Tokyo and Kanazawa. Partial services like the Tsurugi will be more heavily reduced to compensate (the goal is 80% overall).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread