Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/19 19:08
Disclaimer: So i DONT mean give me a list of Halal places in Tokyo (but please do so if you know off any!By which i mean places that do Authentic Japanese cuisine and Foriegn cusine. HOWEVER, they need to be halal certified though and in the Tokyo Area)

Phew. Back to my question

But rather im asking what or which Authentic Japanese cuisines are served to native japanese people and contain no trace of Haraam Ingredients. (So no Alcohol,lard,ham or Pork).

If you know of any. List them and i will try them out when i go to tokyo. List the location too!
by Abu (guest)  

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/20 11:54
Hi, mirin and sake are extensively used in japanese cooking - soups, sauces, stock, marinade - although I would expect that the alcohol is cooked out of them. Does that mean it isnt Halal?
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/20 13:56
So,the question is if there are any Japanese cuisine restaurant that usually serve Japanese people but doesn't use Haram ingredient?
I'm not sure if there are one like that.

The ramen shop that I usually buy in Tokyo is specifically for Muslim. There's a sushi shop too (when I went there, there are some Japanese people there, so it count?) and both place have a Halal certificate.
by hello (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/20 14:59
I think there isn't such a thing because most of the Japanese dishes are seasoned by soy sauce and it can contain alcohol.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/20 16:16
This was the second link on google for halal restaurants in Tokyo

https://muslim-guide.jp/restaurant/
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/20 17:20
I don’t think there’s any cuisine or food item that ALWAYS fits some dietary restriction, because there’s always an exception where one place has some “secret ingredient.” I’m vegan so I think about these things a lot. There’s nothing I can think of that is always okay no matter where I get it (except literally fresh fruit). If you’re looking for a go-to dish that’s always okay for you no matter where you go, I don’t think such a thing exists.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/20 23:22
Wouldn't something like Sashimi, grilled fish, yakitori, yakiniku, edamame... be halal? As long as you don't dip it into some sauce?
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/21 05:21
@LikeBike
Islam people has specific way to kill animal to get the meat, so there's a high possibility that yakitori and yakiniku is not halal.
I don't know how to make grilled fish, but if it use a soy sauce or any kind of sauce when grilled, then it might be not halal.
As for Sashimi, if you only eat it raw, then it might be halal. But not a lot of people like raw fish, so I don't really recommend it.
by hello (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/21 06:57
Tamagokake gohan. Halal, easy, and delicious.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/21 10:36
I googled "ハラル認証を受けた日本料理店 東京" and found the following page.

https://livejapan.com/ja/article-a0001981/

google translate.

https://translate.google.co.jp/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2...
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/21 13:03
@LIZ
Sorry, no. Soy sauce is out.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/21 15:59
well,the gods (or the god you worship) will forgive you if you order / or try to get halal and you will eat something non halal-unknowingly due to the cooks fault or due to the fact you didnt know details.

after all it would be not your fault then. generally gods are likely to forgive in such cases, so dont worry too much! think positive and enjoy your holiday!
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Which Japanese cuisines are absolutely Halal 2019/10/25 18:42
Tempura should be halal, as they are deep fried in vegetable oil. But I'm not 100% sure of this. Udon/soba meals, some that don't use dashi (soup) should be halal. There's a menu on the udon franchise shop, where they serve udon with cheese, raw egg, black pepper and fish. I personally like raw eggs, but most Muslims from any country hate raw food, even sashimi. Hope this helps.
by AdNak (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread