Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

British nursing degree 2019/10/21 07:04
Hi everyone. I'm here to seek some advices from people who know how an overseas nursing degree works in Japan. I'm a Japanese national currently living in England with my British husband. I'm planning to enrol university to take a nursing course here in the uk next year. Once I graduated a uni and gained some experiences of working for a hospital, we would like to move back to Japan. I have found out that I would need to take an exam to convert my British nursing degree to Japanese one if I wanted to work there. However, the thing I'm wondering is if I am eligible to work anywhere in a medical industry without the conversion legally. The reason why I would like to know that is because I got to know this British lady who was working for a small clinic as a nurse in other east Asia and she has told me that she had to convert her license to local one if she wanted to work for a local hospital. However, she is working for a small clinic which runs by western doctors that's why she can work without the conversion. I don't know if it works that way even in Japan. Any advices would be grateful. Thank you !
by hiroko101  

Re: British nursing degree 2019/10/21 14:29
If you mean with gmedical industry g something like pharmaceutical industry or CROs, yes you can work there without converting your title as you wonft work as a nurse but as a technical expert.

I have colleagues who have a nursing degree from Korea but work in CRO in Japan.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: British nursing degree 2019/10/21 15:01
Hi thanks for the answer. I meant if I could work for a private clinic where non Japanese doctors work instead of working for a hospital without converting the overseas degree to local one.
by hiroko101 rate this post as useful

Re: British nursing degree 2019/10/21 15:26
Whether the doctor is a Japanese national or not, whether it's a private or public, you need to have a required license as long as you work as a nurse geographically in Japan because things are ruled by Japanese laws in Japan.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: British nursing degree 2019/10/21 15:50
I got it. Many thanks.
by hiroko101 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread