Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traffic condition in Hakone 2019/10/21 14:02
I would like to ask if there is no transportation going to Gora, Hakone on 14/10/2019. If so, can you send me some supporting documents. Thank you very much for your help.
by CHEUNG Chi Wah (guest)  

Re: Traffic condition 2019/10/21 15:14
The current situation is explained here:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Traffic condition in Hakone 2019/10/21 17:52
The substitute bus service Hakone-Yumoto to Gora is two buses per hour. Expect a long wait (and to stand on a jam-packed bus - however, that was regular for Hakone anyway).
There is also traffic congestion (from a Monday evening, not even a weekend). Some parts of the road are also heavily damaged.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Traffic condition in Hakone 2019/10/21 17:54
Thank you very much for your reply.This website provides the updated information.I would like to know the situation on the date 14/10. If you can help me to find out the transportation of that day, I do really appreciate very much.
by Longmans rate this post as useful

Re: Traffic condition in Hakone 2019/10/22 07:49
On October 14?

On October 14, the Odakyu train line between Shinjuku and Hakone was still interrupted. And, the Hakone Tozan Railway did not run between Hakone-Yumoto and Gora. I think it did resume service between Odawara and Hakone-Yumoto, though.

The Hakone Cablecar was still out of service. So were the sightseeing cruises.

Most bus lines were not running yet. The bus line between Yumoto and Ashinoko (via the Hakone Shindo) did not start running until the 15th.

Also, just like now, the Hakone Ropeway did not operate between Sounzan and Owakudani due to volcanic closure.

But surprisingly many tourist spots had reopened already.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Traffic condition in Hakone 2019/10/22 11:06
Dear Uji,
Thank you very much for your information.
It helps a lot.
by Longmans rate this post as useful

reply to this thread