Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

DisneySea worth it if I like fast rides? 2019/10/21 22:05
My sister and I LOVED USJ; the WWoHP and the flying dinosaur, basically all the thrilling rides and the butterbeer and the fantastical air of the place, so when we went to Disneyland a few days alter, it was gorgeous and all but only one of the rides was fun and we left after only a few hours there..

This time, I had planned a trip to Japan off-season in the end of february. We were going to Fuji Q and DisneySea, BUT news of the opening date for Nintendo land in USJ has released and it will open spring. While that may mean anywhere between march and June, I am willing to wait.

Now my question is, during my trip there in 2020, should I go to USJ (buy the express pass and all that) and Fuji Q, and DisneySea on a starlight or after 6 pass? I will save some money and can easily include it on my itinerary.. But do you guys think it is worth it considering my interests in adrenaline?

in April, can I get a decent amount of rides at night with a Starlight/After 6?

by Jakie (guest)  

Re: DisneySea worth it if I like fast rides? 2019/10/22 09:58
No, I sort of doubt you can ever get a decent amount of rides in on a Starlight pass unless the weather is bad. I think mostly people use them to wander around the park and eat out. The restaurants and parks, especially Sea, are popular with dates because people love the atmosphere.

This is the best crowd calendar:http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

I used an afternoon pass on a Saturday and the park was packed. We went to Sea on a Yellow day in June and by lunch time most things had a long line and nearly all fast passes were long gone.

I think you will find rides at Sea wimpy. For roller coasters, I love Cedar Point in OH, I go to Disney parks because I have a kid. Japan doesn't let kids under 10 go on a lot of coasters and has some higher height lines. The people who find Sea rides thrilling are not the same people who go to Fuji Q Highland. The "wild" rides in Sea are: Tower of Terror (which I think is wimpier than the one in WDW, it's a well themed free fall ride); Indiana Jones (which is not terribly wild, it's mostly loud); Soarin (It's a motion simulator and it's not frightening); Raging Spirits (Your child's first looping coaster, not scary and super short); and Journey (which has some nice scenery but the drop is small) Outside of Tower of Terror, my now 9 year old found all those rides in Sea less wild than Harry Potter. She's too short to go on Dinosaur and I think that has an age limit as well. She likes Soarin' and Journey, but they're not intense. I think Tower is the only ride that could qualify as an adrenaline rush though I also feel like they slow the drops down more than in FL or CA.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: DisneySea worth it if I like fast rides? 2019/10/22 10:11
Thank you so much! (I posted the Q but I just realised I wasnft logged in). I think I will skip on DisneySea then.. I am very much looking forward to Nintendo Land and visiting Harry Potter in USJ.

I think your child will be very excited to visit USJ for NIntendo land too, though specific opening dates for that have still not been released, the CEO only said it will be in Spring. I think more information on it will be released in January.
https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/8/18215682/super-nintendo-world-univers...
It will feature first-class technology to make a very realistic Mario Kart ride too!!
by Rrss65rtfd rate this post as useful

Re: DisneySea worth it if I like fast rides? 2019/10/22 10:20
Hi!

My child likes Pokemon, she's not into Mario. If they do a Pokemon area she will love it though. She does like rides in general. We're probably skipping Kansai on our two trips this year and will go in 2021. I want to make sure she is tall and old enough to go on Dinosaur. I travel alone with my kid so when she can't go on something I don't get to go on it either. I want to go to Spain Mura and Nagashima at some point but she needs to be able to ride everything.

We did USJ in 2018. We got super lucky and it poured the day we visited so there were no lines for anything. That sort of spoiled her and I think she doesn't want to go back if she is not going to be able to ride things without a line lol
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: DisneySea worth it if I like fast rides? 2019/10/22 10:21
Thank you so much! (I posted the Q but I just realised I wasnft logged in). I think I will skip on DisneySea then.. I am very much looking forward to Nintendo Land and visiting Harry Potter in USJ.

I think your child will be very excited to visit USJ for NIntendo land too, though specific opening dates for that have still not been released, the CEO only said it will be in Spring. I think more information on it will be released in January.
https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/8/18215682/super-nintendo-world-univers...
It will feature first-class technology to make a very realistic Mario Kart ride too!!
by Rrss65rtfd rate this post as useful

reply to this thread