Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to honour deceased child in Tokyo? 2019/10/23 16:59
I will be visiting Tokyo for business in the second week of November. My oldest son passed away a little over three years ago and I try to honour him when visiting a new country, by leaving a token, lighting a candle or some other form of remembrance.

I only have Saturday morning free in Tokyo.

Is there a recommended place (temple?) where I might honour my son, and are there any recommendations on how to do so with respect for the Japanese culture?
by CatherineK (guest)  

Re: Where to honour deceased child in Tokyo? 2019/10/23 18:01
You can honour any place for your deceased child.But mosque, Church, pagoda,temple considered as best.According to my holy Book:Our creator is full of shy.He feels shame,if any of his creation demand anything from him.But he ignores to reply.
by Salah Ad din (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to honour deceased child in Tokyo? 2019/10/24 19:24
Just around where in Tokyo will you be?
A temple would be an appropriate place. There are places where you can purchase an incense stick and burn it, just like you might light a candle at a church. Temples are places where people pray for the souls of those that went before them.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to honour deceased child in Tokyo? 2019/10/24 20:03
Thank you. I'll be staying at Tosei Hotel Cocone Kanda. It was suggested that Zozoji temple would be a good place to visit?
by CatherineK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to honour deceased child in Tokyo? 2019/10/24 22:12
Yes, Zojo-ji (Hamamatsucho, Onarimon or Shiba Koen station) would be a good place too.
Considering that youfll be staying in Kanda, on the rather eastern part of Tokyo, Zojo-ji and Tsukiji Hongan-ji (Tsukiji) come to mind. Senso-ji (Asakusa) would be a bit too busy and touristy for your purpose.

by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread