Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nenmatsu Chosei Hyo 2019/10/30 10:19
So yesterday I recieved a big envelope containing my payslip plus the Nenmatsu Chosei Hyo.
I've always recieved this every year but never really bothered doing the form because I haven't mastered Kanji. This has gone for 3 years now and I was recently told to do it now.

I have no idea what it is, how to do it or anything. Please help me
by Marazhu  

Re: Nenmatsu Chosei Hyo 2019/10/30 14:03
Maybe it would be better to ask someone who can support you in Japanese, such as your company, school, Japanese friend or tax office.

It is to complicated to just explain here on the forum.

nta.go.jp/english/index.htm
https://www.nta.go.jp/publication/pamph/gensen/nencho2018/01.htm

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Nenmatsu Chosei Hyo 2019/10/30 14:10
It's a procedure to your already-paid-tax to amount you actually had to pay. In most cases, you can get a refund.

Tax is charged based on your income of the previous year. But your salary can raise, you may pay for a private insurance fee which has to be deducted from your taxable salary and stuff.
It totally depends on your situation, but I mostly get a refund of around 20,000 yen every time.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nenmatsu Chosei Hyo 2019/11/1 13:33
Currently, depending on your various situations, you either have failed to pay the taxes you should be paying for 3 years, or you are not getting the great amount of taxes you have the right to get back. And if you have the right to get taxes back, you typically need to do it by next February, because otherwise you would lose your right after the 3rd year.

So, as suggested, visit your local tax office or phone them and your call will automatically be transferred to the National Tax Agency. (The tax office or your local city hall might have language assistance available.) By doing so, you can get free advice from an expert. Allow yourself at least a week if you are doing this for the first time as it's kind of tricky unless you get used to it.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread