Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage forwarding question 2019/10/30 17:17
I've used the luggage forwarding service between hotels before, but I've only sent my suitcase to a different city. This time, I'll leave Tokyo on a Tuesday morning and would like to send my suitcase along to a different hotel in Tokyo to be collected on the Friday when I check in so I can travel without it in Kanazawa/Matsumoto. Would there be any problems with this? Would it be too much to assume my second hotel might hold it for that long, or could I specify the delivery date with the luggage forwarding company who would hold it? Just wondering if this is a okay thing to do, as I don't want to have a big "where do I leave my suitcase" panic on the morning of check out. Thanks a lot!
by Daisy (guest)  

Re: Luggage forwarding question 2019/10/31 11:08
In my personal experience - hotels in Japan are usually very accommodating in terms of luggage storage. I once left mine in a hotel in Kyoto for a week. I also recently left a luggage in a Tokyo hostel for three days even though I was not going to check back into that hotel when I got back. If the first hotel does not work, you can also always ask the second hotel if they would accept your luggage early.
by Bizarre Journeys rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding question 2019/10/31 12:38
Luggage deliveries can normally have a delivery date set 7 days in the future, so you should be fine to put the date you expect to check into the second hotel on the delivery form.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding question 2019/10/31 14:35
The good news is that you have two options:
1) luggage delivery company can hold it for up to a week. So you can choose an appropriate delivery date
2) you can ask the hotel if they would accept it earlier.

Just to add to the PPs experience: I left last week a small luggage at my Tokyo hotel for a total of 3 weeks. But I am a good guest for them staying a total of over 4 weeks with them. So they were happy to accept.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding question 2019/10/31 15:38
I have personally used Kuroneko Yamato to send my luggage from one Hiroshima to another branch of the same hotel less than 2 miles away while I spent two nights in Onomichi. There is no problem.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread