Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Hakodate to Niseko 2019/10/31 11:52
We will be departing from Hakodate to Niseko self drive end Nov, pl advise if it is safe.
by YL Chua  

Re: From Hakodate to Niseko 2019/11/1 01:32
It's too early in the season to really know what the road conditions are going to be like this far out. But, I have taken the bus from Chitose to Niseko in late December. Once we were out of the city, the roads were covered in snow with new snow falling, but the bus just kept rolling. Just make sure that the vehicle you are driving has snow tires and I think you should be fine.
by Taco Grande rate this post as useful

Re: From Hakodate to Niseko 2019/11/3 09:30
Any gas stations along this path from Hakodate to Niseko village, and where are they located?
& pit stops
And my next stop is Otaru, again anyone can help to advice how is the road condition? Hilly? Any gas station and pit stops.
by YL Chua rate this post as useful

Re: From Hakodate to Niseko 2019/11/5 13:26
Been a while since I have driven this route, but I never even worried about gas stations. There are plenty along the coast and if you follow the Hakodate Line through Kuromatsunai and Rankoshi. Some of the smaller mountain roads don't have stations or much else, but the distances aren't far enough to burn a full tank of gas. Just take a look at Google Maps and some will pop up.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/gas+stations/@42.7314045,140.413189...
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Hakodate to Niseko 2019/11/5 13:29
Your rental car will most likely come with a navigation device. You can set it so it shows on the screen upcoming gas stations.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Hakodate to Niseko 2019/11/5 13:39
According to weather forecast Niseko start snowing next week also Hilton village. Ifm driving a 4 WD car with snow tires , anyone could advise on the safety (road condition) and special things that I have to take note.
by YL Chua rate this post as useful

Re: From Hakodate to Niseko 2019/11/6 06:55
If you are going to have 4wd with snow tires, just use common sense. Don't speed. Leave plenty of room between the car in front of you. Don't slam on the brakes. Shift down, if you're going downhill.
by Taco Grande rate this post as useful

reply to this thread