Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is reservation needed to enter Shirakawago? 2019/10/31 12:05
In January, I'm planning to take a day trip (driving) to Shirakawago from Takayama.

Does one need to reserve a carpark to visit Shirakawago during the daytime?

It is because I read that one needs to reserve a carpark for the light-up event, so I wonder if is it the same for day-time visit?
by cantik (guest)  

Re: Is reservation needed to enter Shirakawago? 2019/10/31 15:36
Considering the event is quite famous and no doubt will attract many visitors, reservation at that time sounds necessary. I have been there when there were hardly any cars, so my observational response would be that on an ordinary day, there is no need to reserve a parking spot, especially during the day. Many visitors do come by bus, but they take up quite a bit of parking. Ifm sure they park further away from where personal vehicles park.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Is reservation needed to enter Shirakawago? 2019/10/31 15:47
You do not need a reservation for a day time visit. Only for a visit on an evening when the light-up event is held, and I believe private cars cannot be driven into Shirakawago during those times anyway.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread