Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

SAL not updating 2019/11/6 06:06
Hi. I ordered some stuff from Zenmarket in the past, always chosen SAL as the shipping method and never had any issues. The Royal Mail would always send me a message, that the package will be arriving in the country. This time my package seems to be lost. No message and it's been more than 3 weeks when usually the packages arrive 1-2 weeks. The tracking site wasn't updated after "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" that happened on 21/11. Is there something I can do? Someone to contact? I should've selected EMS, but always had issues in the past, and the item I'm expecting is very important to me and can't be bought again, as it's a Fanclub membership. I'm very worried.
by Petal (guest)  

Re: SAL not updating 2019/11/6 08:03
Three weeks is not unusual for SAL. Last time I sent one (to the US), it took six weeks to arrive.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SAL not updating 2019/11/6 09:39
So I assume it was sent from Japan to U.K.
It left Japan, so it could be that it is still in transit to the U.K, or it could be Royal Mailnot scanning the parcel properly. I have had EMS parcels arrive at its destination in the U.K. (I received a thank-you from the recipient), and later the update ontracking appeared...
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SAL not updating 2019/11/6 09:49
It left Japan

No, not necessarily. It could still be waiting for available cargo space.

Re: SAL not updating 2019/11/6 10:50
SAL doesnt have tracking.
SAL can take some time. I have had the quickest 9 days. Slowest 35 days.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SAL not updating 2019/11/7 15:50
Ordinary SAL has tracking. "Small parcel" SAL (cheaper option for items less than 2kg) doesn't.

Re: SAL not updating 2019/11/7 22:32
Yes, it's tracked/registered SAL, how else would I be able to track it?

Is it possible that the package can be lost? Did anyone's package got lost? The sender said they will report the incident to JP post to conduct an investigation.
by Petal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SAL not updating 2019/11/8 00:18
It's always possible that the package is lost, of course, but I'd say it's unlikely. Again, it's probably waiting to be shipped.

Re: SAL not updating 2019/11/8 05:49
SAL and registered SAL are different. Hence my statement. You only mentioned SAL in your first line of questioning. But the responses will still be the same. SAL or registered SAL are very slow and only move when there is space for them, ie priority EMS or airmail etc has gone first.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SAL not updating 2019/11/8 10:06
Oh and it may depend on the destination country if you receive any more updates. My country Australia for example doesnt update registered SAL, so the last message I get is that ' dispached from outward office.' Dunno if that apllies to the country you are sending to. But you can check on the Japan Post website.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SAL not updating 2019/11/8 16:28
"Registered SAL" does not exist. What you call "registered SAL" is just ordinary SAL.

reply to this thread