Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost wallet in Arashiyama 2019/11/6 17:59
Hi! My friend Lost his wallet somewhere in Arashiyama Kyoto. We tried to report it to the police. I ask if we can report. He said "I don't know". What should we do now? :( We also ask the lady in Saga Arashiyama station but no one surrendered his wallet. The wallet is Herschel color green.
by Gjenever Constantino (guest)  

Re: Lost wallet in Arashiyama 2019/11/7 08:16
What do you mean he doesnft know if he could report it or not??
Report the loss to a police station nearby, train stations nearby, any shop he stopped at, giving them the description, date when he lost it, and contact number immediately. And get THEIR phone numbers and check back often.
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost wallet in Arashiyama 2019/11/7 10:00
Who said I do not know? Your friend or the police?

You need to go to the police (close to the area where the wallet is lost) and report your wallet is lost including description and your friends contact details. If the wallet meets the description police will contact you. Your friends can check once in a while if there is a wallet found.

Also check the station found and lost and leave your friends contact details and visit the lost and found on regular base.

All lost and found at the station will stay one month. After one month if it is valuable and/or identification is possible the lost and found will be send to the main police station.

Other lost and found will be send to a big depot of the station which you can contact.
After a year the lost and founds will be destroyed.

Only your friend can pick up the wallet once it has been found.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Lost wallet in Arashiyama 2019/11/7 12:46
Hi!

The policeman was the one who said "I don't know". After that I posted her and we went to the lost and found office near Kyoto Station. They said there was no wallet surrendered to them. They did not offer us to file a report and we did not say anything else anymore as we felt lost and sad. We are now heading back to Tokyo. We'll just let it go and charge it to experience. Thank you so much for all your responses.

Gjen
by Gjenever Constantino (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost wallet in Arashiyama 2019/11/8 08:16
Sounds like communication problems.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Lost wallet in Arashiyama 2019/11/8 09:39
One hint might be to write on the following affairs in sentence.
The policeman probably can read the sentence written in English and translate it to Japanese one.

1 date and time you lost it
2 place
3 characters of it(color type)
4 things inside(cards of licence cards etc.)
5 how to inform you when it is found(mobile or mail address)
6 the date you will leave Japan
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Lost wallet in Arashiyama 2019/11/8 17:47
It may take time for lost items to find their way to a central location. It is unfortunate that you didn't press the issue. Hopefully you had a Japanese wallet, where only your Japan-necessary items were the contents. I usually travel with two wallets: the one I use at home, with all my IDs for my home country and my Japanese wallet, with my IC card and monies.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread