Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advise to our itinerary 9 Days in Japan 2019/11/7 13:30
Hi again guys,
i need your opinion or advise to our itinerary in japan about 9 days with 7 days JR PASS
here we go:

D-1 NRT-SAPPORO by JR-Pass
D-2 Nisseko by JR Train (Day trip)
D-3 Asahiyama zoo - Otaru Sightseeing
D-4 SAPPORO - OSAKA via TOKYO
D-5 Fushimi Inari + Osaka Sightseeing
D-6 Osaka - Shin-Takaoka - Ainokura- Shirakawago - >Back to Osaka and take Ltd. Exp Sunrise Seto
D-7 Tokyo- Jiigokudani Monkey forest
D-8 Tokyo all day
D-9 Tokyo and Back home

Thank you in advance guys!
by Sania (guest)  

Re: Advise to our itinerary 9 Days in Japan 2019/11/8 08:42
If you are going straight from Narita to Sapporo, I would fly rather than take the train. It will be a lot faster, and likely cheaper overall. And since you're not stopping over in the north of Japan on the way to Osaka, fly from Sapporo to Osaka for the same reasons.

Day 6 is far too busy. Have you looked into the travel times? You will spend most of the day in transit.

A day trip to Jigokudani from Tokyo is possible, but it is a long day and again you will spend most of it in transit. It's also expensive. If you want to see monkeys, perhaps instead spend an extra day in Kansai and visit the monkey park in Arashiyama in Kyoto.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advise to our itinerary 9 Days in Japan 2019/11/8 08:49
If the purpose of your trip is to ride trains as much as possible, then your plan is one way to do it. Or you can spend 140 yen and ride Yamanote Line loop and go round and round all day.
by tetsuko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advise to our itinerary 9 Days in Japan 2019/11/8 08:50
Sorry to say that but nearly nothing of your itinerary is going to work.

D-1 NRT-SAPPORO by JR-Pass
D-2 Nisseko by JR Train (Day trip)
D-3 Asahiyama zoo - Otaru Sightseeing
D-4 SAPPORO - OSAKA via TOKYO
D-5 Fushimi Inari + Osaka Sightseeing
D-6 Osaka - Shin-Takaoka - Ainokura- Shirakawago - >Back to Osaka and take Ltd. Exp Sunrise Seto
D-7 Tokyo- Jiigokudani Monkey forest
D-8 Tokyo all day
D-9 Tokyo and Back home

Day 1: Narita - Sapporo: 10 h by train! So depending on the time of the day youfll arrive at Narita you are even at risk to not even make it. And there is 0 time to do any sightseeing. If Hokkaido needs to stay, get a flight from Narita. There are discount passes for foreign tourists.

Day 2: Sapporo-Niseko day trip. Itfs about 3 h each way to get there and trains arenft frequent. So about 6 h on a train.

Day 3: Sapporo-Arashiyama zoo- Otaru - Arashiyama: 2 h (including taxi) + 3 h (including taxi) + 45 min on trains. Nearly 6 h again.

Day 4: Sapporo- Osaka: 11,5 h on train (actually a bit longer because you canft take Nozomi between Tokyo and Osaka. So probably closer to 12,5 h)

Day 5: yippee!!! Your first doable day!!!

Day 6: Osaka - Shin Takaoka - Ainokura - Shirakawa- Osaka - 3 h + 1,5 h + 1 h + 5 h = 10,5 h minimum on trains and trains and unnumbered train changes. ( includes busses)

Day 7 Osaka - monkey valley - Tokyo ( includes non JR trains and taxi) 6 h + 3 h (also this day a bit longer as you canft take Nozomi between Osaka and Tokyo. So probably about 9,5-10 h in transport total. )

Day 8: yippee!!! Your second doable day.

So well, sorry to say that but please start over again.

There are model courses on this webpage for 8 days. Or just sit down with a guide book AND google maps to find out distance and transport time needed. I know Japan is famous for its ultra fast bullet trains, but sorry to say, gbeam me up Scottieh function is not included in JR pass.

Enjoy planning your trip to Japan.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advise to our itinerary 9 Days in Japan 2019/11/8 10:54
Thank you for your advise all, i will take a look again at my itinerary
by Sania (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread