Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo February 2020: Holiday Question 2019/11/7 21:29
Hello all!

Planning a trip to Tokyo in February 2020, and I just found out that February 23 - 24 (Sun, Mon) are holidays for the Emperorfs birthday.

Itfs a little bit trivial, but Ifm stuck if I should travel in Japan from Feb. 21 - 25 or Feb. 22 - 26. (Can only book these days as itfs a holiday back home too). Just wanted to ask some advice especially with weekend/holiday crowds regarding potential itineraries.

Ifve been to Japan many times before, mainly Kansai region and most of Tokyofs major spots. So Ifm thinking of grabbing the Tokyo Wide Area Pass to visit one or two places like Nikko, Karuizawa, Kawaguchiko, or maybe even Gala Yuzawa for the snow.

Would appreciate any other comments and suggestions too!
by Elly J. (guest)  

Re: Tokyo February 2020: Holiday Question 2019/11/8 08:26
I wouldn't be too concerned. Long weekends in winter don't come with drastic crowds. Nikko, Karuizawa and Kawaguchiko shouldn't be too crowded. Yuzawa may be a little busy.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo February 2020: Holiday Question 2019/11/8 08:41
Hi!

I'm actually going to Tokyo the 15-24 (with a side trip to Nagano) and I haven't found hotel prices ridiculously expensive, so I am thinking the crowds shouldn't be too bad.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo February 2020: Holiday Question 2019/11/8 08:55
Yeah, definitely not a problem. Frankly even GW is totally doable to travel. You just need to book your train tickets well in advance if you travel on the start/end of GW or around New year.
Other public holidays are much less crowded and February is quite cold so not a popular time for day trips.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread