Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using Suica / Pasmo in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara Area 2019/11/10 11:15
I will have my trip to Tokyo-Osaka, spending the first 4 days in Tokyo, then the rest in Osaka (3 days), Kyoto (1 day), and Nara (1 day). I plan to use SUICA / PASMO for the local transport payment in Tokyo. Once I arrive in Osaka, can SUICA / PASMO be used in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara area? Or do I have to buy ICOCA for the local transport payment?
Plus, any recommendation for specific pass for tourist in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara area for 5 days?

Thank you.
by Rifki (guest)  

Re: Using Suica / Pasmo in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara Area 2019/11/10 14:01
No need to buy an Icoca. Suica and Pasmo can be used in the Osaka/Kyoto/Nara area just the same.

specific pass for tourist in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara area for 5 days?

It is explained here:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_kansai.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Using Suica / Pasmo in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara Area 2019/11/10 15:44
You may keep your SUICA or PASMO as a souvenir of your visit to Japan or use it on a future trip. You won't be able to return your IC card unless you return to the Tokyo area (or any JR East station).
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Using Suica / Pasmo in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara Area 2019/11/10 18:23
Regarding the useful passes, I recommend Osaka Amazing Pass in Osaka and Subway,Bus One-Day Pass in Kyoto.
You can refer to the website below:
For Osaka Amazing Pass: https://www.osp.osaka-info.jp/en/
For Kyoto: https://oneday-pass.kyoto/?lang=en

Enjoy your trip over Kansai district.
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Using Suica / Pasmo in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara Area 2019/11/11 12:08
Thank's for all the answers!

So, Can the SUICA's balance be re-charged at the ticket machines in Kansai Region (Osaka / Kyoto / Nara)?

and for one day trip in Kyoto area, is it better using one-day bus card only or one day bus & subway card? I plan for visiting arashiyama, fushimi inari, gion, and kiyomizu dera (if it's possible in one day).

Thank you
by Rifki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using Suica / Pasmo in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara Area 2019/11/11 13:00
Yes, Suica/Pasmo can be recharged in Kansai. Just did that yesterday ;-)

I am no expert on subway/bus passes, so will leave that question to others to reply, but your list of places for 1 day seems too long to me.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using Suica / Pasmo in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara Area 2019/11/11 13:07
So I just need to recharge the SUICA at any ticket machine in the station, thats it?

It's just my ideal plan for one day Kyoto trip (arashiyama, fushimi inari, gion, kiyomizu dera), flexible to real condition on the spot. So it's no problem if I can only go to max 3 spots in one day.
by Rifki Adhi Prathama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using Suica / Pasmo in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara Area 2019/11/11 14:41
So I just need to recharge the SUICA at any ticket machine in the station, thats it?

That's right! That is: at any ticket machine that allows for IC card recharging.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Using Suica / Pasmo in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara Area 2019/11/11 21:32
Taking into consideration of your visiting spots, I recommend to purchase one day bus pass which costs 600 yen per each since you won't take subway for this tour.
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Using Suica / Pasmo in Osaka-Kyoto-Nara Area 2019/11/12 05:11
Just use your Suica and donft bother with bus passes. Kyoto Station to Saga-Arashiyama Station is \240 / 18 minutes on the JR Sagano line - getting there by bus will take forever.

Arashiyama and Fushimi Inari are in opposite directions - not ideal for the same day.
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread