Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A question about a tsuba 2019/11/11 15:55
Hi.
So i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i hope someone can help me.
I have a tsuba that i bought for a birthday present for a SO, but we broke up and i never had the chance to give it to him. I am looking for a best and safest way to sell it, preferably without losing much in the process. I bought it for 600 000 yen which is a big sum for me. I never collected any sort of antiques so i have no idea how and where i should sell it. I'm not located in Japan but it was shipped to me from there. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you
by Shasta (guest)  

Re: A question about a tsuba 2019/11/11 23:33
Hi Can you post a picture of it and give what information you know.
Is there any paperwork or history with it ? You indicate it was and antique. Do you know anything about the sword it was attached to ?
Your local antique dealer will probably not be of much help. In the meantime, do NOT polish it, leave it in its original condition, at least until you know more.
For starters, you might contact the firm you purchased it from , if thats still possible.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread