Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

IC card when changing to Shinkansen 2019/11/13 11:25
I tapped in my suica card to get to Shinagawa to board a shinkansen to Kyoto. But inside I just switched to the shinkansen rails with my rail pass without tapping out my suica. I know I could have traveled to Shinagawa using my rails pass, but I just forgot it when walking inside my station. What should I do now?
by Buel (guest)  

Re: IC card when changing to Shinkansen 2019/11/13 15:17
Explain the problem to a station attendant. They will be able to see that your IC card has been tapped on at Shinagawa. If you show them a valid rail pass, they should understand what has happened and be able to "tap off" your card.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: IC card when changing to Shinkansen 2019/11/13 23:27
If youre on a JR line coming to Shinagawa just use the pass to enter the local line. If its not a JR line, you'll exit the other station first, then enter the JR side of it
by Ro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: IC card when changing to Shinkansen 2019/11/14 04:33
Glad you were able to get this fixed when you got to Kyoto. Out of interest, where did you do it - at the Shinkansen gate in Kyoto or elsewhere in the station?
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread