Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Leaving new job at the end of first contract 2019/11/13 21:00
Hello all,

I recently started a new job 2 weeks ago. But unfortunately, job itself is terrible, so I'm already thinking about leaving.

I've got a first 3-month contract as a contract employee (keiyakushain) going to next January and I'm thinking about telling them that I won't be renewing my contract. Reason is that this job and company doesn't suit me and doesn't suit what I wanna do.

The pickle is that my visa is currently being processed, the new company being my sponsor. I think I will get my visa within 2 weeks but leaving my current job would be an issue for my visa? The company could call the immigration and cancel it or something?

I'm already looking at new opportunities now, the only thing that worries me is my visa situation.

Thanks in advance!
by deedee (guest)  

Re: Leaving new job at the end of first contract 2019/11/14 09:51
What do you mean by "my visa is being processed"? Are you working without a proper status? Then you have a big problem.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving new job at the end of first contract 2019/11/14 13:17
If you have a current visa and you change job which does not fit in the current visa status you need to apply the correct visa, in this case your company is arranging the visa.

This means you have to wait till your visa as been granted and meanwhile you can not work for that company. How long this process takes depends on the immigration. Every visa is handled individually.
I do not know why you think it takes two weeks, it can take as long as it takes, 2 weeks, 3 months, 6 months. etc.

It is indeed not good way to cancel your job if a company has arranged your visa, since they have put time in it. It is possible they can cancel your visa but this you need to discuss accordingly since you have decided to leave.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread