Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone - Kyoto - Mountain Koya - Osaka 2019/11/19 19:36
hello,

i intend to go in April from Tokyo to Hakone (1 night), from there to Kyoto (3 nights), to Mountain Koya (1 night) and from there to Osaka for 2 nights (and check out from the airport on the morning of the 8th day).

I am therefore seeking a pass for my 7 days trip that can cover mainly my transfers above.
The Hakone pass has to be delivered back to Shinjuku so for the Hakone 24h visit, it seems it doesn't work.

So for the Kansai area, would you recommend a regional pass?
I used hyperdia a JR Pass is not worth purchasing, so i look for an alternative.

During our visit to the cities above we will not travel a lot, but focus in the main nearby attractions. No Hiroshima, no Narita or other nearby visits (except for Kobe that is very close to Osaka).

Thanks a million
by JohnBit  

Re: Hakone - Kyoto - Mountain Koya - Osaka 2019/11/20 13:21
There is a list of rail passes available in the Transport section of this website, split by region, so it will be easy for you to compare passes. Given that the transport you need is run by different companies, I would recommend an IC card, looking up discount shinkansen tickets between Tokyo and Kyoto, and then a pass for Mt. Koya.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone - Kyoto - Mountain Koya - Osaka 2019/11/21 02:25
Thank you for the input, where can i purchase an IC card from ?
by JohnBit rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone - Kyoto - Mountain Koya - Osaka 2019/11/21 07:59
You can buy IC cards in airports, stations, on the Internet...sounds like you might want to read up on them. Again, this website has a very detailed section about IC cards that is worth a read.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone - Kyoto - Mountain Koya - Osaka 2019/11/21 17:21
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread