Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student Visa to Spouse Visa 2019/11/21 12:23
Hi

So, I have question about some stuff related to changing to a spouse visa.

Wefre both roughly the same age, 21. Hefs working though.

My student visa might be going for a renewal, but I donft know. I might need to change to a plain Tourist visa. My course ends in March sometime, but my student ends at the end of January. So, Ifd probably get a tourist visa renewal anyway.

If I change to a spouse visa while on a student visa, itfll probably get flagged as sham marriage, since my course is ending.
I was wondering if I should go back to my country first and then apply for the spouse visa. Or apply while on the tourist visa.

We donft live together yet, but we planned to live together after I got into university here. Ifm a language school student at the moment, but I had bad attendance, so my school is just like you have to go back now. No place here would take you.
I literally have better grades than everyone in class, but in Japan they seem to care more about attendance, than grades. They failed to mention that to me. Good attendance gets you into university, not your grades.

I was planning to sit for the university exam in January, but even if I get in and my visa becomes a problem, then whatfs the point in wasting the money taking the exam in the first place. And also wasting the university fees for a year if I donft get the visa. The university, as far as I know, doesnft return the money back to you.

So I am slightly frustrated. I donft mind going back either, Ifll just leave for Australia after getting home because half of my family is there. But on the other hand, my partner doesnft want me to leave. Hefll be heartbroken and so will I.

Should I apply for it now on my student visa or on the tourist visa or go back and apply for the Spouse COE?

Thank you
by pawprintsofanangel  

Re: Student Visa to Spouse Visa 2019/11/21 14:44
You currently Live in Japan with your student visa.now ,if your marriage is genuine, then apply for spouse visa while you are in Japan.
Don't worry.
by Rased (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread