Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shomyo Falls and Kurobe Dam in December 2019/11/22 21:51
Is there anyway to see the Shomyo Falls and the Kurobe Dam during Decemeber? The alpine route is closed, but we're planning going to drive there... Thanks.
by Paolo Dala (guest)  

Re: Shomyo Falls and Kurobe Dam in December 2019/11/23 08:45
You cannot go there in December.

It is not possible, at all, to drive to Kurobe Dam. The only way to go there is by traveling along the Kurobe-Tateyama Alpen Route, but the route is closed in December.

As for Shomyo Falls, the road there is closed from late November to late April. This year, it was closed on November 18.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shomyo Falls and Kurobe Dam in December 2019/11/23 10:46
I see... Any other recommendations of things to do in the Toyama or Tateyama area or near by area where it's safe to hike or do any outdoor activity? Thanks in advance.
by Paolo Dala (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shomyo Falls and Kurobe Dam in December 2019/11/23 12:15
Any other recommendations of things to do in the Toyama or Tateyama area or near by area where it's safe to hike or do any outdoor activity? Thanks in advance.

- onsen in Unazukionsen (our a Nummer of other locations)
- Kanazawa
- Noto peninsula (and onsen there)
- Skiing https://www.snowjapan.com/japan-ski-resorts/prefecture/toyama

Tateyama is even in summer a hard to reach place. Itfs mountains! And there arenft really any villages beyond Tateyama station. So in winter the region is covered in snow and as no one is living there, there is no need to clear the streets.
Toyama city itself isnft very interesting. So if you are in that area I would go just a little bit further to Kanazawa and Noto peninsula which are more interesting. Itfs still going to be winter, cold, snowy or rainy there, but itfs accessible.

Enjoy your trip to Toyama!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shomyo Falls and Kurobe Dam in December 2019/11/23 12:38
I see. I'll consider those places... Last question is Hakusan National Park open during December?

Thank you very much.
by Paolo Dala (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shomyo Falls and Kurobe Dam in December 2019/11/23 15:09
The mountain (Hakusan) is covered in snow. But the attractions around the mountain's base are accessible:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4284.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread